Thread: Render HTML in FLEX

Render HTML in FLEX

I have been working with the HTML component from a long time. Embedding HTML in Flash is pretty promising and I suspect that this might be a hard work. But I am looking for a way to achieve the same result directly in Flex without waiting for some other application. Does anyone has succeeded is doing this. Does this is really complicated. I need some help on the same.

Re: Render HTML in FLEX

First the application like Flash or Flex are launched from a SWF file type. To read the same it is possible to apply the same on a web page in the form of swf file from an HTML page. Flex Builder manages alone with the creation of HTML page for your application, the file index-template.html which is the source of the output file and here you does need to do much.

At every compile the Flex Builder generates an HTML page based on this index page-template.html. To avoid having a change it there for necessary that after every compile your page the html output must make the necessary changes on the file index-template.html. So for that a basic tip can help you. You must know about iframe which will be accessed after everything done in flex and then it must implement from the javascript part.

Your work does not end up there when you are build up a page successfully in HTML. After that you must add the tag that serve as a container to your iframe, you can then add this to the end of your HTML page which is added well just before the end of the recess body tag. Then change the wmode of the flash player is a parameter which will needed. You will notice that Flex Builder is a complicated tool but it is the only one that can help out you in SWF support.

I am also working on the same. I am trying to render HTML in flex. The problem with this si that it requires to use the property wmode = opaque or wmode = transparent. But there is a bug with input fields in Flash. The same gives you hard time in Firefox makes. You can see there are some letters that are poorly mapped into these modes and so for the RIA is not suitable since all input fields does not support due to that Firefox bug.

In some cases, you will see the majority of a form in HTML but you also want to use Flex components for one or more elements of the form. For example you want to use sliders, a ColorPicker or a calender. Here you create a simple HTML form with a CheckBox and a small embedded Flex application. The Flex application is a component DateChooser. The CheckBox deactivates or activates just DateChooser.

It is possible to load a Resource Module when the application starts by calling the loadResourceModule () when the initialize event, and specifying a value for the property localeChain once the module is loaded. This is useful if you have a default language and you want all users start with this language. You can also specify the locale that the application will load the default by passing FlashVars in the HTML container.