Thread: Enhanced rsync backup, daemon support

Enhanced rsync backup, daemon support

I am looking for software to synchronize trees of folders, for example between my computer and my personal account at the university. He would do that primarily through ssh to a remote server, if the prog can integrate ssh is better, or I can do it by hand a tunnel to ftp server, and only while the program can speak ftp daemon support. At synchronization, I wish I could show him a list of directories and home locally, compares them with those of my/home remote, it is the latest version (local or remote ) and overwrites the old with the new ones without affecting those who are identical of course. This would be to use Linux with KDE as an option if it exists under windows is good but not essential. I heard FullSync and Unison example, I want to know if anyone has an opinion on the software, or can advise me if there any other better.

Re: Enhanced rsync backup, daemon support

You can also take a look at sitecopy which normally serves to synchronize a local site with the same on a server. But we must also use simple directories sitecopy is full of console mode architectures and there is an interface called Gnome XSiteCopy.

Look at the side of Rsync. It is distributed with most distributions and even windows (cwrsync).I use it with to make backups on my Linux server from my laptop which is XP. It passes through an SSH tunnel, he will ask your password at each connection. So I think it will meet your expectations. Just do a little script or bat if you're on XP. it's over. If you need an example of code to make a. Bat in XP using cwRsync: In short you save it in a. Bat. To sync, just double click the batch file and then enter the password and shoo all done alone. Let me know if you need. For the ip there is a strong chance that it is fixed.

Make an ssh tunnel to get the ftp does not always work because the FTP server tries it seems to make a connection back to the client on a random port different from 21. Should therefore know in advance what port and set the other tunnel above, which is not possible. I tried, it did not work, and this is the explanation that I found on the forums. If not for the software I use SyncBack backup that would otherwise be free is free. It allows to backup via FTP or disk drive.

I recomanded to start rsync in "Service (daemon) so you can listen to remote connection requests. Otherwise, since your posts are VPN, you can also make a network installation disk that you need to synchronize on each server. For example, mount the disk of the server B to the letter Z on server A, and vice versa. This way each server can synchronize the data as if it was local, from one disk to another: from Z: to C: for example. In this case no need for service.