Thread: Error "dkim=neutral (no sig) " ???

Error "dkim=neutral (no sig) " ???

I have activated the domain keys for my domain already but whenever I compose an email with any yahoo enabled id in header it occurring the message as -
    " domainkeys=pass (ok); from=mydomain.com; dkim=neutral (no sig)"
    What about this error and why it is getting occurred..please suggest me something , how to enable [ dkim=pass ] ..Any needful solution would be appreciated ...

Re: Error "dkim=neutral (no sig) " ???

Hello guys !! Does anybody here are aware about this. It is possible to implement DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail) on a Linux based server which works on the cPanel/Exim ? I need to go through this but don't have more knowledge about this and I am interested in getting this implementation don't have any idea to do this , or if it's even possible yet on my current configuration .

Thank you.

Yahoo DomainKeys support

DomainKeys (DK) support is developed into Exim with the help of libdomainkeys reference library implementation. You can get it on the domainkeys site. The suggested library is licensed with a licence which is incompatible with the GPL that indicates that you may not provide copies of Exim linked against libdomainkeys (and you will also can't get pre-compiled packages for this causes). You must develop this library on your machine and execute Exim against it. To develop Exim with DK support,you need to add these statements into your Local/Makefile:

EXPERIMENTAL_DOMAINKEYS=yes
    CFLAGS += -I/home/tom/exim-cvs/extra/libdomainkeys
    LDFLAGS += -ldomainkeys -L/home/tom/exim-cvs/extra/libdomainkeys

Something you are missing out to describe and that can be the bug further.. Just remember to tweak the CFLAGS and LDFLAGS statements to match the paths of the libdomainkeys includes and lib on your machine. The current experimental implementation supports two different and independent activities :
    • Validate incoming DK-signed email.
    • Sign outgoing email with DK.

The former is established in the ACLs for SMTP, the latter as an extension to the SMTP transport which indicates that both facilities are limited to SMTP I/O.

Validate incoming email

Incoming messages are fed to the DK validation process as they got "on the wire". It happens synchronously to Exim's buffering of the message within the spool. You have to configure set "control = dk_verify" in one of the ACLs preceding DATA (you will typically implement acl_smtp_rcpt), at a point where non-local, non-relay, non-submission mail is being dispatched . If that control flag is not configured , the message will not be verified...

warn log_message = Feeding message to DK validator.
    control = dk_verify

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmi Mathen View Post
    I have activated the domain keys for my domain already but whenever I compose an email with any yahoo enabled id in header it occurring the message as -

What about this error and why it is getting occurred..please suggest me something , how to enable [ dkim=pass ] ..Any needful solution would be appreciated ...

It is fine , domain Keys are Different than DKIM, because DKIM actually signs the message, domain keys is nothing more than a different version of sender ID. Until recently Yahoo and Gmail didn't actually check for signatures as they supported the OLDER style (domain keys NOT to be confused with the newer DKIM)

Once people start to understand the difference then I believe that DKIM will have enough demand to have Cpanel get busy implementing it. As of late I do not believe Cpanel support the DKIM signatures.