Thread: Using Fortran on Mac OS X

Using Fortran on Mac OS X

I have recently started using Mac OS X and now I have got some work related to programming. It is related to some sort of physics experiment. I am facing problem while running Fortan on Mac OS X. Actually I need to run the code for simulating things in an experiment, I am already having the code related to that but the problem is that the is code only run in the Windows. Hence I need the method for running the Fortran code on Mac OS X.

Re: Using Fortran on Mac OS X

As far as I you should not face any problem in running Fortran code in Mac OS X, but if you are facing problem then try to use gfortran, and you will be able to run the Fortran code in Mac OS X. I am saying this because I am using gfortran on my Mac OS X and I have not faced any kind of problem in running gfortran on it.

I am also new to the Mac OS X I have downloaded the files and then tried to install it on the system, then I tried to compile the program but I am unable to do so. I do not know what is the problem but I am unable to run the program as you have said. May be you are lucky compared to me that is the reason you able to run the program. If anybody else is facing the similar problem and got the solution for the same then please reply

Well if you want to do something then fortune has nothing to do with that, the only thing matters is your determination related to that. I think you are missing the XCode, try to download the XCode from its official site and then try run the program. I am sure after installing XCode you will be able to run the program without any problem.

For the Fortran compiler, you have to link the place for which you are having the binaries. That will not only solve your problem but it will also simplify the things for you. That is unfortunate that not many people are working on Fortran on Mac OS X. Hence number of guides are not available for that purpose. Try to get the Xcode that will surely solve your problem.