Thread: Help needed for C++ in XCode.

Help needed for C++ in XCode.

I have recently started with the C++ and I am trying to do this with the help of XCode. Actually I have started this thing today only. Currently I am struggling for this thing to work; I have tried for this all day for running XCode for running my and still not result. Hence now I am searching for any advice related to C++ in XCode. I will be waiting for the related reply.

Re: Help needed for C++ in XCode.

I also trying to do this but the problem is that it is not giving any kind of error but I am not able to find out how to work with this I mean how to run this. I am trying to run a simple code not the complicated code. I have heard that C++ is the simplest language to learn and it provide the base for all kinds of languages. I am thinking of shifting to another language.

If you are up to date with XCode 3 you can start by following these steps.
    1. First you have to open the XCode
    2. Then go to File or to the New Project
    3. Then in the “New Project” assistant you have expand the group of “Command Line Utility”
    4. Then you have select the “C++ Tools”
    5. After that you have to click on next
    6. Then you can give the project a name which you desire and then you have click on finish.
    7. After that you have to press Cmd key, Shift key and R-key simultaneously for bringing the console window.
    8. After that you just have click on “Build and Go”

Thanks for the reply subsequent to following the steps I am getting different result. When I was trying to do it before, I was only getting the “fabricate dialogue”. But this time I am receiving at least the command window. The problem is that I am still not able to get the result which I want; I mean I am not able to get the text to appear. If you can provide any other advice, that will be appreciated.

Personally I have leaved the Xcode and the other related IDE’s that are available on the Mac OS X and then switched to the command line for other programming languages like C, Java etc. If you really interested in learning any programming language then the best way is to use books for that purpose. Once you got the basics clear then you can opt for other sources.

To be clear I am not the original poster, but I am facing some issues. I am attempting to learn from the book with the title SAM’s teaches. Is this book is right source of information if I want to learn C language. Any help related to this will be greatly appreciated. I have also attempted to work with the Terminal window but I am unable to work smoothly.