Thread: Visual C++ Runtimes Won't Install? - Windows 7 x64

Visual C++ Runtimes Won't Install? - Windows 7 x64

I am having the desktop computer system which has the Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit operating system. I am trying to install the Visual C++ Runtimes in this system. But the Visual C++ Runtimes is not installing in the Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. I tried to install it many times. But it is not installing. So provide the solution of this issue. If anyone has installed it successfully then provide me the procedure.

Re: Visual C++ Runtimes Won't Install? - Windows 7 x64

You are having the desktop computer system which has the Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit operating system and you want to install the Visual C++ Runtimes in this desktop but you are not able to do so. But you have not mentioned the exact issue that you are facing in the installation and also mention that you are installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64) or Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64).

It is also possible that the Visual C++ Runtimes package which you are trying to install in the Windows 7 x64 operating system is corrupted or damaged because of which it is not getting installed in your desktop computer system with the Windows 7 operating system. So download the Visual C++ Runtime from the Microsoft website again and install it in your system.

Procedure for installing the Visual C++ Runtimes.
    1. Make sure you have the latest service pack and critical updates for the version of Windows that you are running. To find recent security updates, visit Windows Update.
    2. Click the Download button on this page to start the download
    3. Do one of the following:

• To start the installation immediately, click Run.
      • To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
      • To cancel the installation, click Cancel.

You can download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) from the Microsoft website easily compatible with the Windows 7 64 bit operating system. Refer the link given below to download.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

You can also download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64) from here.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

I am having (what I presume it) the same problem.

This happens on either Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package x64 or x86, on my Windows 7 Professional x64.

The symptoms are as follows: double click on a freshly downloaded installer from Microsoft's website, and the UAC kicks in. Verify I'm an administrator, and the installer proceeds. The progress bar reaches about 85/90% and puff, it just disappears.

That's right, no errors, no complaints, it just stops altogether. Reboots, stopping other applications (including AV), don;t seem to change a thing. Also used compatibility mode and again nothing.

It is just the weirdest thing, and I can't figure out a way to determine what causes it. I wish there was like an installation log that I could refer to to figure out what causes the installer to stop.

The problem with this is that I obviously can't run any apps that require the VC++ 2005 SP1 libraries, so any ideas, hints, guesses would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Hi fackie,

I think that it is a problem security issue preventing access to cataloge files.

C:\Users\(name)\Desktop\Program Files(64)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Vc7\WinSXS\AMD64 catalogs

Go to the "c:\windows\winsxs" folder and right click on it for properties select security tab > advanced > owner assign current user ownership. When done select permisions tab > check both boxes having to do with inheritable permisions at lower left. Retry the v++ 2008 x86 package.

James 911,
    Im having the same problem, i did what u said, and its saying a window pops up saying
    Error Applying Security
    An error occurred while applying security information to:
    (file name)
    access is denied
    Im hitting continue, and i noticed there like a thousand files...

do i hit continue till i get to the end, or will it end up solving nothing?