Thread: Difference between Compile time and runtime in C language

Difference between Compile time and runtime in C language

I am in fy bsc(it) and I have a subject called as C programming. It is a really tuff subject and some concept are very difficult to understand. I have written several programs and executed, some of the programs gave an error and some of them were executed properly .I wanted to know the difference between the compile time and run time in C programming language. Please help me and provide me with an appropriate solution.

re: Difference between Compile time and runtime in C language

C programming language I a high level language. The difference between Compile time and runtime in C language is very simple. When a write a program and want to see the execution, then firstly the C program had to be complied that is changed into machine language. Once the program is in the machine language then the computer can understand it. Run times means when the program actually runs. A C program needs to be complied once, but it can be executed number of times.

In Compile time, the source code is translated into the computer code by the complier so that the computer can understand it. The c program is compiled by pressing ctrl+f9.After compiling. Run time is when yours actual runs and gives the result of your program. If the program gives an error after compiling the program then unless the errors are removed the program cannot be executed and the result cannot be displayed.

Hi, I am interested in programming and I started learning the basic language for programming known as C language. It is a very interesting language. I known what is compile time and run time but can you tell me what compile time error and what runtime error and also what is difference between .Please guide me and provide me an appropriate solution for my question

The compile time error and runtime error are different .compile time error are the error that occur when you attempt to compile your program and it gives error. Compile error are known as syntax error. Example colon missing, printf should have a prototype etc. Runtime errors are the error after running the program, for example the program asks you for a number, you enter a letter and the program crashes.

The concept of runtime error and compile time error is very simple. Compile error are the syntax error and usually occur when you are compiling a program and it gives an error. Runtime errors are the error when you run the program and it gives an error. Example for compile time is colon missing, quotes missing etc and run time error example division by zero etc. Both runtime and compile time are totally different concept.

Re: Difference between Compile time and runtime in C language

I am a student of FE. i have doubt in C progamming. Please can you tell me when is memory allocation done for variables and objects , during compile time or run time.