Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-03-2010

Executing java program via a script

Hello,
I have a problem of execution of a java program. When I want to execute via a shell script I have a message that appears and shows me the driver I use:
Code:
org.postgresql.Driver
However when I type the same command in the terminal's functions using the java commands it works. If someone has an idea let me know. Thanks in advance.
Old 29-03-2010

Re: Executing java program via a script

Hello,
You batch file or the shell file should have the exact command as you do it with the java commands.
I feel that the line indicating the driver is because:
- Or the driver has not been found, and this line is displayed by the management that you would do except "ClassNotFound" (=> problem of classpath)
- Is not the right class is launched (if you work with a jar containing several hand for example)
Old 29-03-2010

Hello,
I do have the same problem, I try to run a shell file which has the java command line arguments and the executing statement in the shell file. As you said I have defined the class path in my environment. Yet in my CLASSPATH I said or thought the drivers:
Code:
CLASSPATH =.: / usr/lib/java/pg74.JDBC3.jar
Do you have any idea about this. Also if you have any alternative to run the java programs in linux, then let me know. Thanks in advance.
Old 29-03-2010

Hello,
Quote:
CLASSPATH =.: / usr/lib/java/pg74.JDBC3.jar
Option
Code:
-classpath
replaces the environment variable CLASSPATH. I advise instead to remove the latter (which can impact all your programs) and use only -classpath. If you need more help on the class path the you can visit here
Installing Java JDK and setting PATH
Old 29-03-2010

Hello,
The difference may also come from the environment Executive of your shell and your command line. Have you done one source (shell command) particular to establish a special env for your application? Sometimes. Bash_profile you have options that make it. Bashrc is used to reset the variable type BASH_ENV which is positioned at once regardless of the change in the env shell that you use to launch your Java application, a script boot from that shell will use yet a different approx.
Old 29-03-2010

Hello,
By using -classpath and putting the value of my CLASSPATH environment variable its seems to work. Also, you link has helped me a lot. I have a question for you guys, is it that I have to define the path for every separate user under linux operating system. Is there to define it for the root user. By the way thanks for your help. Any answer is appreciated.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , , , , ,