Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-03-2010

Use of the back() in C++

Hello, I am studying in the ABC college. I had just started to learn C++ language from the institute. I am interested in the programming and I had heard that the C++ language can be the very simple programming language. So, I would like to know about the back() function of the C++ language. Also, I would like to know about the use of the back() function in the C++ programming. Can anyone has the solution for me on the back() function. Reply Me!!!
Old 15-03-2010

Re: Use of the back() in C++

The back() function can be used to execute the last element in the given specified queue. The back() function can returns a address to the last element in the given specified queue. That can be the newest element in the given specified queue that is the last element that can be pushed into the queue. The back() function of the C++ language can be the member function of the queue.
Old 15-03-2010

The program that can be mentioned below illustrates you about how to use the back() function in the C++ language programming :
Code:
#include <iostream>
#include <queue>
using namespace std;
int main ()
{
  queue<int> mque;
  mque.push(12);
  mque.push(75);   
  mque.back() -= mque.front();
  cout << "mque.back() is now " << mque.back() << endl;
  return 0;
}
Output:
Code:
mque.back() is now 63
Old 15-03-2010

The back() function can be used to give the address of the last element that can be in the given specified queue. The back() function can be the member type value_type and that can be specified to the type of value consisted by the belonging class, that shall be the similar as the first template parameter (S). The back() function can be the member function of the queue class of the C++ language.
Old 15-03-2010

The back() function can returns a address to the last element that can be in the given specified queue. For an example:
Code:
  queue<int> p;
   for( int j = 0; j < 5; j++ ) 
   {
     p.push(j);
   }
   cout << "The first element is " << p.front()
        << " and the last element is " << p.back() << endl;
This code produces the following output:
Code:
   The first element is 0 and the last element is 4
The back() function can be executed in the constant time.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,