Thread: Confused between Dhtml and Ajax

Confused between Dhtml and Ajax

Hello Friend,

I am Bsc(IT) student, and currently studying the 'Dhtml'. I have enough knowledge about the 'Dhtml', but not about the Ajax. So I am getting confused between the Dhtml and Ajax. I don't know any difference between the Dhtml and Ajax. If you posses any difference between the Dhtml and Ajax, then please let me aware about the same. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: Confused between Dhtml and Ajax

DHTML (Dynamic HyperText Markup Language) is not strictly speaking a markup language for the Internet, there is also no full standard DHTML. In reality, the DHTML is a set of technologies Internet to provide related pages HTML more interactive. That is to say that the content can be changed through events (mouse movements, overview of an object by the cursor) after loading the page.

JavaScript is an essential component of technology AJAX (Asynchronous JavaScript and XML). Most AJAX applications use the object XMLHTTPRequest (XHR) to send a request to a server script, and parser Dynamically results of the latter via DOM. Internet Explorer is the first to propose that component, as ActiveX, starting in the late 90s. It was not until 2002 that the developers begin to use it heavily.

The DHTML is certainly very fun and allows for original HTML documents, However, the use of HTML pages "dynamic" is only possible on Microsoft Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator versions 4 or higher. Moreover, the interpretation of HTML code may be different from browser to another, that is to say that much work is needed to ensure that the effect will be visible on most configurations.

AJAX is a technology flagship of the movement Web 2.0 which defines rich interface allowing the user greater interactivity with the Web page. It was not until 2002 that the developers begin to use it heavily. Versions of Internet Explorer prior to 7 did not handle the XHR object as described in the W3C standards but offered an equivalent ActiveX control. It used for writing a script for each browser.

Name Dynamic HTML has never designated a specific technology. This name was especially popular in the late 1990 when these techniques have emerged. They are now commonly used not as praised. Technically, the changes relate to the internal representation that browser is the webpage. The browser immediately reflects those changes to the screen. Elements of the page and may be modified, moved, created or deleted, or automatically after a share of the visitor.