Thread: Import 3D animation in java

Import 3D animation in java

Hello,
    I am working on 3D in java and I sometimes have to import a 3D object but I do not know how to import a 3D animation, I tried to search on the internet on the same topic but found nothing much. So, if someone can help me on this or an brief explanation on the same is highly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Re: Import 3D animation in java

Hello,
    I have what you need, I already do that in the experimental version of my game You can use JOGL-utils or a 3D engine in Java to do that. I'm using JMonkeyEngine. Download my source code and look in the package "jme" just changes ObjToJme by 3DSToJme and it will do what you want. Hope the following information will help you and also do not forget to post which of the classes did you used in the program.

Hello,
    You have to install JOGL 1.1.1 and JMonkeyEngine 2 to use my code. Also, I changed the engine to fix some bugs, I must send you patches. You must also install ANT unless it is already integrated in your IDE (Eclipse, Netbeans). For code, you can simplify things because you just need to load a model in 3DS format and display it while my code is used to display arenas. You'll have to tell me more about what you want done so I can know everything. Good luck.

Hello,
    In fact, you should use the class MaxToJme. I'll change my code so that it takes this format also supported. I have used this package and I think this is what you are really looking for, the api is simple and it has many useful classes and methods that you can easily give you the result what you desire of. Just have a try at it and if you have queries regarding it then you can post back.

Hello,
    I'm on Win Vista and I use eclipse. I tried to install the jme2 without success. Then I tried the telecharger JOGL.jar the native and JME2. So what do I do? because I've seen on forums that it was already added to the java build jogl.jar. Now the problem is what to use in my program, what is the best amongst both of them? If you have already used both of them and you know the difference and the advantages over the other then please help me. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    If possible, make an effort because your spelling mistakes do not help me to understand you. Everything is explained on my site. Either you get the sources of JME 2 and you compile them with ANT (JAR obtained are then in the sub-directory target /) or you retrieve the JARs directly. For JOGL 1.1.1a, retrieves the ZIP archive that contains both the 2 JARs (one for and one for Gluegen JOGL) and DLL (for Windows). There is a very dirty method is to put all the JARs directly into your directory jre / lib / ext (you do not deceive virtual machine if you have installed multiple) and all the DLLs in jre / bin. I hope this will help you and you will do the needful.