Thread: Error playing media with JMF

Error playing media with JMF

Hello,
    I just tried to read a media library with the JMF and I have always the following error:
    Code:
    "javax.media.NoPlayerException: Can not find a Player for file: \ C and so on."
    It makes me more kinds of video files (avi, mpg), so I do not think it comes codecs (but I may be wrong). If I try on my computer pro, it works. If you have any idea about this error then please give me a solution for this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Error playing media with JMF

Hello,
    I think JMF is a very limited number of codec read (no DivX for example). You must use a native extension to read the vast majority of codecs, such as Fobs4JMF for example. More more information on the same you can visit their official site, but I still think that if you are trying to use the Java Media Framework then you will be with a lot of low class libraries. You can try the alternative it will really help you.

Hello,
    I am also think to use the JMF library, for a week now I am trying to use the JMF library but now you have said that it contains very few class libraries, so I will try the alternative that you have mentioned in your post. If this helps then well and good , if not then I will post back with the problem I get. Also, if you have an alternative to this then you can post I am the interested one here. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    I added the lib Fobs4JMF (So now I know why I was reluctant, it was actually already), but it changes nothing. I read that Fobs4JMF "added" to jmf, which would then mean that I do not need to change my code, or else I misunderstood? In this case, where can I find the doc on Fobs4JMF? Otherwise, if I understood correctly, then I am not advanced. If someone has an idea ... In any case it would be great. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    I am also looking for the same, I try to follow, but there is always something that goes wrong, I installed JMF, but it refuses to add me items (I have always this damned "could not add item" displayed) . In searching the net, all I found is the walkthroughs for linux (obviously, we must add the environment variables, but I can not read the code linux), or else ... change codecs (which, if any, will not solve my problem). So, any help on this topic will help me.

Hello,
    I think, I understand what you can not do. When you install Fobs, it seems to me that you create a test project (like the one installed with JMF) which allows you to precisely whether the installation is correct or not. It is (from memory: ca will make 4 years since I've touched more!), Add a line in a properties file (or a configuration file from another format) to indicate to use JMF Fobs for the unrecognized codec. We must add in your classpath the jar library Fobs, and we must add the native dll (on windows so) in the Windows system folder, or otherwise add to the PATH environment variable the path of this dll.