Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2010

The tanh() function of C++

I am the student of the Bachelor of science in Information Technology. I have know about the C++ language. I am finding the problem while using the tanh() function in the C++ program. I want to know about the tanh() function of the C++ language. I also want know how can I implement these functions in my C++ program. Thus, Anyone knows about the these functions ? Please, Help me!!
Old 09-03-2010

The tanh() function of C++

The tanh() function of the C++ language can be used to compute the hyperbolic tangent of the valarray of an elements. The tanh() function of the C++ language can returns an object of the valarray that can be containing the hyperbolic tangents of all of an elements of y. The tanh() function can an overloads c math's tanh function.
Old 09-03-2010

Re: The tanh() function of C++

The tanh() function of the C++ language used to find out the tangent of an given element. The tanh() function can be a member function of the valarray. The following can be the general form of the tanh() function of the C++ language :
Code:
template<class S> valarray<S> tanh (const valarray<S>& y);
Old 09-03-2010

Use of the tanh() function

I can suggest you that to carefully go through the following code of lines that can demonstrates you how to use the tanh() function in the C++ programming as follows :
Code:
#include <iostream>
#include <cmath>
#include <valarray>
using namespace std;
int main ()
{
  double vl[] = {0.35, 1.22, 3.4};
  vlarray<double> f (vl,3);
  vlarray<double> br = tanh (f);
  cout << "f: ";
  for (size_t k=0; k<f.size(); ++k)
	  cout << f[k] << ' ';
  cout << endl;
  cout << "br: ";
  for (size_t k=0; k<br.size(); ++k)
	  cout << br[k] << ' ';
  cout << endl;
  return 0;
}
Output:
Code:
f: 0.35 1.22 3.4
br: 0.335376 0.839654 0.997775
Old 09-03-2010

A valarray whose elements can be equal to the hyperbolic cos of an elements of the input valarray. The following can be the parameters of the tanh() function in the C++ programming language :
1. y : This parameter of the tanh() function can be used to contains a valarray that can be containing an elements of a type for that the unary function tanh can be defined.
Old 09-03-2010

The following can be an example that can uses the tanh() function of the C++ language to illustrate the tanh(0 function. The following an example can calculates y as the hyperbolic tangent of &pi./4.
Code:
#include <math.h>
#include <stdio.h>
 int main(void)
{
   double pi, y;
   pi = 3.1415926;
   y = tanh(pi/4);
    printf("tanh( %lf ) = %lf\n", pi/4, y);
}
Output :
Code: