Thread: Java code for video applet

Java code for video applet

Hello,
    I am trying to program an applet to make a program of video conferencing very basic in Java. A little research, I found two main methods:

- Using libraries with JMF and RTP SessionManager
    - Transfer images via FTP

Only now, after what I saw, the first solution requires having JMF installed on the machine (or as it is an applet, I can not install automatically on the remote machine). The second solution should probably be fairly slow and does not have a clear voice. So, if you have any solution for this then it would be great and if you have a sample source code, then please post it.

Re: Java code for video applet

Hello,
    You should watch the side of JavaFX, which is leading the evolution of time. I advise you to use the JMC, which is in JavaFX. If you want I can try to find you a source code that shows how it works, it is easily available on internet. I am convinced that it works for an applet and it will take from the mouth. It's much simpler than JMF. Good luck.

Hello,
    Even I am trying to do a similar program using applet. I watched a little JavaFX and JMC. I believe that these libraries does not recover the video stream from a webcam. Tell me if I'm wrong, but what he seemed. I searched a little documentation, I installed JavaFX (+ CMJ), I found it nowhere. It seems a good start but I'm not sure it's so easy in the case of a video stream that arrives by piece from the net. Moreover, JMC does not seem to support the webcam. I am not familiar with Java (I rather program in C / C + + usually) but I increasingly feel that it will be difficult to program a java applet video-conference.

Hello,
    In fact, the JMC can not connect directly to the stream, JRTP therefore no longer maintained in all cases, you'll have to use at least session manager JMF for RTP. If you need more information on the JavaFx then you can visit their official site and there you can find more information on the same. I still strongly believe that this can be done in a better way using the JavaFX technology. Just try it and if you have more problems then post back with the same.

Hello,
    Yes, that's interesting, but it comes at once on JMF. The JMF problem was that it must be installed in advance on the remote machine so that it works. I liked something that requires no special installation outside of the JRE, and then we can offer a VERY quick installation (such a facility virtually silent). I fear that this is a hindrance to the user having to install an additional program on his computer to access a website.

Hello,
    Otherwise, try to see side silverlight (Microsoft technology), it will be limited to windows, but you'll have maybe a little more opportunity in terms of access to webcam. I think you can use Java Web Start via an applet and install the libraries simply one click, just as I do for my game except me is a heavy application. The user just clicks on "Ok" and it rolls.