Thread: What is an Error Handling and Newspapers in PHP?

What is an Error Handling and Newspapers in PHP?

Hello everyone,
    I have completed some basic portion of the PHP programming language. Now I want to know more about an Error Handling, which I know in other languages but not in PHP.!! I also read about the Newspaper, which was new for me.!! Since they are related with each other, i want to know about it. Maybe someone over there might know about this and can provide some useful information, so I am posting my query here.!! Please explain me what is an Error Handling and Newspapers in PHP?
    "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death... I will fear no evil." -Psalms 23

K8N Diamond Plus (BIOS v1.2)
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
    Antec TruControl 550W
    NVidia GeForce 7900GT (NGO v1.8466 BETA)
    OCZ Platinum 2x1GB (2-3-2-5)
    SATA: WD740
    PATA: 2xWD2500, WD1200, NEC DVD/RW

Re: What is an Error Handling and Newspapers in PHP?

These are functions dealing with error and newspapers. They allow you to define your own rules for handling errors, but also how the errors are recorded, in order to meet your needs. With the logging functions, you can send messages directly to other machines (or emails with gateways), to system logs, etc. ... well, you can selectively log and monitor the parties most important to your applications and your web sites. The functions on the error report you can customize the level and the desired error, categorizing them as a simple warning to customized functions returned during errors.

The behavior of Runtime Configuration functions is affected by settings in php.ini. Following is an explanation of the use of configuration directives :
    1. error_reporting integer - Sets the error. This parameter is an integer representing a bit field. Add the following values to select the level you want, as described in the section Predefined Constants, and in php.ini. To change this configuration during the execution of the script, use the error_reporting ().
    2. display_errors string - This determines whether errors should be displayed on the screen or not. The value "STDERR" send errors to stderr instead of stdout.
    3. display_startup_errors boolean - Even when display_errors is on, errors may occur during the boot sequence of PHP, and these mistakes are hidden. With this option, you can display, which is recommended for debugging. In all other cases, it is strongly recommended to keep display_startup_errors off.

There are some things that you should keep in mind while using the configuration directives. I would like top describe above it. Enable error reporting level E_NOTICE during development has some advantages. In terms of debugging, the message will warn you about possible bugs in your code. For example, use of unassigned values is warned. It is extremely useful to find typos and thus save time. NOTICE messages will warn you about bad style. In PHP 5 a new error level E_STRICT is available. As E_STRICT is not included within E_ALL, you must explicitly enable this level of error. Enabling E_STRICT during development may be beneficial. STRICT messages will help you use the latest and greatest suggested method of coding. Using PHP Constants outside of PHP, like in httpd.conf has no useful meaning except in cases where integer values are required.

It is recommended to use the historical errors rather than displaying errors on the production sites. It is a necessary development, but should never be used on a production system. The directive docref_root string is new error format contains a reference to a page describing the error or function causing the error. For the manual you can download it in your language and set this option to point to him. If your copy of the manual is available in "/ manual / 'you can simply use docref_root=/manual/ In addition, you must set docref_ext to match the extensions of your manual. docref_ext=.html It is possible to use external references. Most of the time you want the docref_root value with a trailing slash ( "/"). This directive is intended to help you in your development by making it easy to lookup the description of a function.
    "When they give you ruled paper, write the other way..." J.R.J.

The following are the function of the handling errors :
    • debug_backtrace - Generates a backtrace
    • debug_print_backtrace - Displays backtrace
    • error_get_last - Get the last error occurred
    • error_log - Stores an error message
    • error_reporting - Sets which PHP errors are reported
    • restore_error_handler - Restores the previous management function errors
    • restore_exception_handler - Restores the previous function exception handler
    I do to dead flowers what people at morgues do to dead people. Suck all the moisture out, dip them in plastic, paint them up pretty and put them in a nice frame.