Thread: What is the KADM5 in PHP?

What is the KADM5 in PHP?

Hi friends,
    I have done some basic coding in PHP programming language. Now I have turned to the topic of an authentication that are done in PHP. I don't know much about an authentication in PHP. I have used some functions of authentication but in other programming language. Actually I want to know about the KADM5 which is used in PHP. I thought that you guys can explain me in better way, so I am posting my query here. Please tell me what is the KADM5 in PHP?
    ~*~Silent~Kid~*~
    "To The World You May Be Just One Person, But To One Person You May Be The World"

Re: What is the KADM5 in PHP?

KADM5 is a package that allows you to access the server administration Kerberos V. You can create, modify and delete the guidelines and key elements Kerberos V. First you should know about the Kerberos V. Kerberos is a network authentication protocol. It is designed to Provide strong authentication for client and server applications by using secret-key cryptography. So you can say that KADM5 can be very useful for accessing the server administration.
    3.2 (northwood)
    2gig ram
    ATI AIW X800xt 256mb
    Gigabyte GA-8knxp 875p Chipset
    Optiwrite 8X DVD Burner
    Win XP PRO Sp2 (Works Perfectly)
    2 SATA Raptor 74gig Raid 0
    2 7200 IDE 320gig HD

I want to tell you about an installation of KADM5. If you are installing the PECL without specifying the path to KADM5, PHP will use the client libraries of KADM5. Users running other applications that use KADM5 (for example, running PHP 4 and PHP 5 as a concurrent Apache module, or auth-kadm5) must also specify the path to KADM5: - with-kadm5 = / path/to/kadm5. This will force PHP to use the client libraries installed by KADM5, thus avoiding conflicts.
    I do to dead flowers what people at morgues do to dead people. Suck all the moisture out, dip them in plastic, paint them up pretty and put them in a nice frame.

The following function is useful for setting the password.
    kadm5_init_with_password - Opens a connection to the KADM5 library using the principal and the password password to obtain initial credentials from the administration server admin_server. Returns a KADM5 on success or FALSE on error. The connection must be closed after use with the function kadm5_destroy (). kadm5_destroy () - Closes the connection with the administration server and releases all related resources.
    "When they give you ruled paper, write the other way..." J.R.J.

Kerberos was created by MIT as a solution to these network security problems. The following are the constants that are defined by the extension, and are only available when the extension has been compiled into PHP or dynamically loaded at runtime.
    • Constants for Attribute Flags
    • Constants for Options

The functions kadm5_create_principal (), kadm5_modify_principal () and kadm5_modify_principal () allow you to specify special attributes using a bitfield. The functions kadm5_create_principal (), kadm5_modify_principal () and kadm5_get_principal () to specify or return the options key elements as associative arrays.

Re: What is Functions of KADM5 in PHP?

The following are the functions of KADM5 :
    • kadm5_chpass_principal - Changes the password of the main
    • kadm5_create_principal - Creates a kerberos principal with the given parameters
    • kadm5_delete_principal - Deletes a kerberos principal
    • kadm5_destroy - Close connection with the administration server and releases all related resources
    • kadm5_flush - Commit all changes to the Kerberos database
    • kadm5_get_policies - Gets all policies from the Kerberos database
    • kadm5_get_principal - Get the principal's entries from the Kerberos database
    • kadm5_get_principals - Gets all principals from the Kerberos database

The following example shows how to connect, query, print resulting principals and disconnect from a KADM5 database :
    PHP Code:
    <?php

$handle 
    kadm5_init_with_password("afs-1""GONICUS.LOCAL""admin/admin""password");

print 
    "<h1>get_principals</h1>\n";

$principals kadm5_get_principals($handle);
      for( 
    $i=0$i<count($principals); $i++)
          print 
    "$principals[$i]<br>\n";

print