Thread: Creating menu in joomla

Creating menu in joomla

I am using the Milky Way template that came with 1.5 and I want some guidance to create the menu with the template to work.I already have modified the template according to the use and purposes and this is the last thing I need to do before adding content to the site.

I am working on own decided project with the members and I am the administrator/webmaster of the project and decided to switch our current website over to Joomla because this is free and easy to manage and administer at the back side.

Joomla enables you to create the powerful Web sites and online applications. Many aspects as well as its ease-of-use and extensibility have made Joomla the most popular . Joomla is an open source product which is freely available to everyone who want to be the part of web development.

These are some of the features of Joomla are as follows-

• Developing Corporate Web sites or portals,intranets and extranets
    • Developing the application for Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
    • E-commerce and online reservations
    • Government applications
    • Small business Web sites
    • Non-profit and organizational Web sites
    • Community-based portals
    • School and church Web sites
    • Personal or family homepages

Creating menu in joomla

There are different types of menus are available in the joomla.You can create according to your use and purpose of the application.Different types of menus facilitate you to create different application environment.

These are the menus which is provided by the joomla are as follows -

1- Accordian menus
    2- Drop and tab menus
    3- Fisheye and carousal menus
    4- Flash Menus
    5- Image menus
    6- Menus editors
    7- Select box menus
    8- Sliding menus
    9- Tree menus

Creating menu in joomla

The creation of menu in Joomla easier. When I used first Joomla, it was very typical for me.But after starting and practicing on it daily basis it gets closer to me.

I will show you some guidelines which can help you to create menus in joomla-

Click Administrator on your homepage and enter thew login name and password.
    A Control Panel interface would be shown to you,move to the top of your Joomla window where you get some File, Site, Menu, etc,choose and click on menus.The Menu window would be drop down and click on Menu Manager.You see the categories which is described by Katty,choose one of them to create it.

Creating menu in joomla

After selecting the menu types and category,you need to commit some configurations to make them active.

• Click on New button which placed on the top right hand corner of your page.
    • The next page will popped up with the menu details page and viewed with the list.
    • Enter the name of the menu first which would be the ID for menu provided by joomla.
    • Click on the Save button to commit your changes, placed on the top right hand corner.

Now using the edit option,you can edit the name of sub-menus in the list.