Thread: What are parent::construct() and parent::destruct() in PHP?

What are parent::construct() and parent::destruct() in PHP?

Hi friends,
    I have completed some basic programs that are initials for the PHP programming language. I want to know about the parent::construct() and parent::destruct() which are used in coding of PHP. I was checking my tutorial and found this and I don't know anything about it. So thought that you guys would be useful. So please tell me what are parent::construct() and parent::destruct() in PHP? reply me soon.!!
    |===================|
    |YAY if that made sense...|
    |===================|

Re: What are parent::construct() and parent::destruct() in PHP?

PHP 5 allows developers to declare constructor methods for classes. The classes have a constructor method call this method whenever you create a new instance of the object, which is suitable for any initialization that the object may need before being used. Parent constructors are not called implicitly if the child class defines a constructor. If you want to use a parent's constructor, it will be necessary to call parent::construct (). Hope that you got the basic things from this post.!!

The following is an example of using new unified constructors :
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    class BaseClassDemo {
       function 
    construct() {
           print 
    "In BaseClass constructor\n";
       }
    }

class 
    SubClass extends BaseClassDemo {
       function 
    construct() {

parent::construct();
           print 
    "In SubClass constructor\n";
       }
    }

$obj = new BaseClassDemo();
    $obj = new SubClass();
    ?>

PHP 5 introduces a destructor concept similar to other object oriented languages such as C + +. The destructor method will be called as soon as all references to a particular object are removed or when the object is explicitly destroyed or in any order of the shutdown. Like constructors, parent destructors will not be called implicitly by the engine. To run a parent destructor, you need to explicitly call parent::destruct in the destructor body.

The destructor will be called even if the script is stopped using the function exit (). Call the function exit () in a destructor will not carry out other routine arrest. Destructors called during the script shutdown have already sent the HTTP headers. The working folder in the phase of the shutdown script may be different with other APIs Attempting to throw an exception from a destructor (called at the end of the script) makes a fatal mistake. An exception normally 'bubbles up' to higher and higher contexts until it is caught, but because a destructor or shutdown function is called not within execution flow but in response to a special PHP event.

In order to run a parent destructor, one would have to explicitly call parent::destruct() in the destructor body. The destructor will be called even if script execution is stopped using exit(). Calling exit() in a destructor will prevent the remaining shutdown routines from executing. Unlike with other methods, PHP will not generate an E_STRICT level error message when construct() is overridden with different parameters than the parent construct() method.