Thread: Data Transmission on the Internet in PHP

Data Transmission on the Internet in PHP

Hi friends,
    I want to know about the submitted data on an Internet. I have done programs to a better extent in PHP programming language. Now I want to know what care should be taken while submitting the data by an User.?! So thought that you guys can help me as usual.!! Please explain me about the Data Transmission on the Internet in PHP Hope that you got the point that I want to ask.!! Please reply me soon.

Re: Data Transmission on the Internet in PHP

I am assuming that you are talking about the data that is submitted by an user. So I am explaining according to that. The greatest weakness in many PHP programs do not come from the language itself, but its use in failing safety features. For this reason, you should always take time to consider the implications of a function, and identify all the applications to use unexpected settings. Hope that this post helped you.
    I do to dead flowers what people at morgues do to dead people. Suck all the moisture out, dip them in plastic, paint them up pretty and put them in a nice frame.

Re: Dangerous Variable Usage in PHP

The following is an Example of the Dangerous Variable usage :
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    unlink 
    ($evil_var);

fwrite ($fp$evil_var);

system ($evil_var);
    exec ($evil_var);

?>
    For this reason, you should always take the time to consider the implications of a given piece of code, to ascertain the possible damage if an unexpected variable is submitted to it.
    "When they give you ruled paper, write the other way..." J.R.J.

Re: How to examine your code in PHP?

It is strongly recommended to carefully examine your code to make sure that no variables sent by the browser, and not sufficiently tested before use. You can ask yourself the following questions :
    • Does this script only affect the intended files?
    • Is it possible that inconsistent values are used here?
    • Does this script can be used in unintended ways?
    • Does this script can be used maliciously, in conjunction with others?
    • Is that all actions are logged?
    IF you hate me, please don't mention it. I know who hates me and who doesn't. You really do not have to make fun of people....

Even I think that the Questions provided by the 'Deabelos' will affect the quality of the coding. In responding adequately to these questions when writing your scripts (rather than after), you avoid a rewrite inadvisable for security reasons. By starting out with this mindset, you will not guarantee the security of your system, but you can help improve it. Hope that aft6er doing this, you can easily check the data transmitted over an Internet.

You can also consider removing the automatic acquisition of environment variables, magic quotes (magic_quotes), or any option that could lead you to mistake the validity, source, or the value of a variable. By working with error_reporting (E_ALL), you can be notified that certain variables are used before being used or tested. And by doing this you can prevent an unusual data source.