Thread: Automatic generation of classes UML.java

Automatic generation of classes UML.java

Hello,
    I am working on "Design and implementation of an XML data warehouse" I am currently in the planning stage and I need a class or method to automatically create java classes, Java UML. This method should receive as argument a String (classname). Do such classes or methods exist is provided by the JDK? Thank you in advance for your valuable help.

Re: Automatic generation of classes UML.java

Hello,
    Even I want to know how you can generate this, even I was trying to generate one. I want to generate a UML class diagram from an XML schema (. XSD) based on rules of mapping XML to UML, such maps is a complex Type in a UML class, the transition should happen automatically and I therefore need methods for uml designs. Is there any way to do this. If there is then please help me , I am the interested one.

Hello,
    In my opinion, (details would be welcome) You should see the EMF plugins (a little old but still relevant) and GMF (using EMF). Otherwise, concepts such as introspection or meta-model should be able to answer (partly) to your expectations.
    EMF: Eclipse Modeling Framework
    GMF: Graphical Modeling Framework
    If you have any knowledge of the above then you can use them in your code and it will be easy to generate what you are expecting for.

Hello,
    For info, meta-modeling is the art of manipulating metaclasses, classes generating classes. There's an art, in the direction where the tiles come fast enough but also in the sense that when you come to implement these mechanics impress you. Everything depends on your problem in terms of amount of work. (meta-modeling is a bit heavy artillery). If you're interested anyway, you can also search on the MDE / MDA, the DSL and tools that support it (Microsoft Visual 2005 metaedit +, GMF, andromda are some examples).

Hello,
    UML is a meta-model, I am not sure of this. Moreover, the problems that you cite is that the designers of GMF or Topcased. GMF Topcased and are intended to help draw a diagram of meta-models (eg UML), then generate the diagram editor models consistent with the meta-model (class diagram example). And finally finally, you apply a code generator (I have not yet mastered this area) that translates models designed to code. Hope this information will help you to decide what you exactly you want and what you are going to use.

Hello,
    I found the meta-modeling, MDE / MDA, etc. and some advice on this matter. These techs are great, firstly, and secondly, the UML will be dying. When you see that Microsoft is only interested in the class diagram in the UML metamodel for the DSL Tools (Microsoft Visual 2005 IDE development very performance). I think you should go with that.