Thread: RMI Management on a server

RMI Management on a server

Hello,
    I seek a clarification on the semantic processing of objects accessed remotely via RMI. When multiple customers use the same remote object using RMI. The manipulated object on the server is the same for all customers and then each client manipulates an instance of it. How does RMI server will be treated three calls? Is it going to create an object instance invocation, and then use the same body in three different threads. Any help on this will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: RMI Management on a server

Hello,
    I think in your case a set of threads is created and then you can use these threads in your code. It has by no insurance against being on the same thread across multiple calls. We can draw a parallel with stateless session EJB. Do you know advanced java, if you know that then you can use then EJB concept and do the same what you want in your program.

Hello,
    Even I have a similar kind of a query regrading the RMI, so if I understood it, a thread is created for each client. So the timing for only the methods of sharing common resources. If the scope of remote objects is limited to themselves while multiple clients can manipulate the same remote object at the same time. To compare it could be the model for servlets, I guess I am correct here? If I have mis understood the concept behind this then please guide me with the correct.

Hello,
    I will try to explain you this here, no, a pool thread is created, it is not connected with customers.
    For comparison with the servlet, it this ok with you.
    - Sharing data on the object instance
    - Thread is not a client Factoring
    Hope you understood what I am trying to explain you here. If you have any more problem regarding RMI, then you can post here and we will try to solve your queries.

Hello,
    So when starting the RMI server, that it created a pool of X thread (s). Each client call is treated in one of the threads contained in this pool. Each thread gets a reference on this subject and treats the client request. So to summarize, the customer calls can be processed in parallel and then to the different threads. If I am wrong in understanding something here then please correct.

Hello,
    You can also watch java.rmi.activation.Activable, I've never tried it but apparently has other possibility level management life cycle. I wonder if this implementation does not object per customer. If you know the EJB then it would be great and you can use this with success and easily. Hope this information will help you. Thanks in advance.