Thread: Java output changes on different computers

Java output changes on different computers

Hello,
    I work on two different computers with the same IDE in Java. My program does not give the same result on both machines. I realized that Java version was slightly different depending on the machine, java 1.5 for one and 1.6 for the other it is also clear that the 1.5 runs on Linux and the 1.6 on windows. What is the most likely reason for my troubles? Any help on this would be great for me. Thanks in advance.

Re: Java output changes on different computers

Hello,
    Even I have a similar kind of a problem with my java code, I have no clue why it is behaving in this manner. My program gives me a result in the tree form. Where it is correct, I have all the knots out, and they form a tree. In the case where the result is false, it is no longer a tree but a graph and also they lack the three-quarter of knots. As before there was a problem copying pointer or structure. Do you have any solution for this, if one then I am the interested one. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    What is this graph all about? what have you exactly created in your code, does you code depends on the operating system calls. In the case of files and directories the problem can come from there. In fact management is significantly different in linux and windows. Provided that you have entered your program? Have you check your java versions on the both the operating systems, if not then please upgrade the version of the java on both the operating system.

Hello,
    I think your graph represents a metabolic network. In fact, based on class some thing like this
    Code:
    (class ModuleTree
    boolean bl = false;
    LinkedList ll = new LinkedList ();
    String lb = "";
    Vertex rep = null;
    I think you should provided an xml file with nodes and edges of the graph metabolic output, after making some decomposition which transforms the graph tree and add some nodes. This would be a good option for you.

Hello,
    As I see it not too much or is the problem. But what you can already do to put aside the version problem is compiling your application with options source = 1.5 and target = 1.5 on windows to see if the results are always different. There is likely to believe but check if your input files. Xml Linux are formatted unix (dos2unix, or set ff = unix vi). If you say that both the operating system give you a different results then which one is correct, that is which of the operating system gives you the correct result.