Thread: How to Install Session in PHP?

How to Install Session in PHP?

Hi friends,
    I have just started learning the PHP programming language, so I am not having much knowledge about it. I have done some basic programs in PHP. Now I am stuck at a point, where the session takes place. I want to do the session handling, so I want to install it. But I have no ideas about it. So please tell me how to Install Session in PHP?

Re: How to Install Session in PHP?

Session support is enabled by default. If you want to exclude it from PHP, you must use the option of disable-session when running the configure script. To use the RAM for storing sessions, compile PHP with DIR. The Windows version of PHP has support for this extension. You do not add any additional library to use these functions. By default, all data relating to a particular session will be stored in a directory specified by the session.save_path php.ini options. A file for each session will be created. This is because a session is opened but no data is written to this file.
    I do to dead flowers what people at morgues do to dead people. Suck all the moisture out, dip them in plastic, paint them up pretty and put them in a nice frame.

You should also know about the Runtime Configuration. The behavior of these functions is affected by settings in php.ini. I have provided you with a list of some configuration options for sessions. The following is the same list :
    • session.save_path
    • session.name
    • session.save_handler
    • session.auto_start
    • session.gc_probability
    • session.gc_divisor
    • session.gc_maxlifetime
    IF you hate me, please don't mention it. I know who hates me and who doesn't. You really do not have to make fun of people....

Session support in PHP is a way to preserve certain data across subsequent accesses. This allows you to create customized applications and increase the attractiveness of your site. A user accessing your web page is assigned a unique identifier, called a "session id". It is either stored in a cookie or is propagated in the URL. The session support allows you to save any number of variables that must be preserved across requests. When a visitor accesses your site, PHP will check automatically or on request if there is a session of the same name.
    3.2 (northwood)
    2gig ram
    ATI AIW X800xt 256mb
    Gigabyte GA-8knxp 875p Chipset
    Optiwrite 8X DVD Burner
    Win XP PRO Sp2 (Works Perfectly)
    2 SATA Raptor 74gig Raid 0
    2 7200 IDE 320gig HD

You will have to keep some things in mind that are very important. Suppose, if you set session.auto_start then the only way to save objects in session is to load the class definitions with auto_prepend_file where you load the definitions you need, or you need to use serialize () on your object and unserialize () to retrieve it. All variables are serialized after the request finishes. The variables which are undefined are marked as such. At all subsequent visits, they will not be defined until the user does.