Thread: What is the core php.ini directives?

What is the core php.ini directives?

Hi friends,
    I have done some basic things in PHP programming language. I want to know about the core php.ini. Instead of searching about this topic on the Web, I thought to post here, since you have helped me a lot to understand about my queries. Please help me this time also by explaining me about the core php.ini directives.!! Expecting some help as early as possible.!!

Re: What is the core php.ini directives?

Directives handled by extensions are listed and detailed in the pages of the respective extensions. You should know about the runtime configuration for studying about the core php.ini directive. The following are some the behavior of these functions is affected by settings in php.ini :
    • session.save_handler string - Defines the name of the session manager is used for storing and retrieving data. By default, the integrated system files: files.
    • session.save_path string - Defines the path that must be passed to the backup. If you decide to choose the default handler (for file), this argument will be used as backup folder sessions.
    • session.name string - Specifies the name of the session, which will be used as cookie name. It must contain only alphanumeric characters.
    • session.auto_start boolean - Specifies whether the session module should automatically start at the beginning of each PHP script.

The session management system of a large number of directives in the php.ini. The following are some points that describes the same :
    • session.serialize_handler string - Defines the name of the handler which is used to serialize and deserialize data. Currently, the PHP internal format and WDDX are supported.
    • session.gc_probability integer - Specifies the likelihood, expressed as a percentage, in conjunction with session.gc_divisor is that the gc (garbage collection) process is started on each request.
    • session.gc_divisor integer - session.gc_divisor coupled with session.gc_probability defines the probability that the gc (garbage collection) process is started on every session.
    • session.gc_maxlifetime integer - Specifies the lifetime of data on the server, number of seconds. After this period, data will be considered obsolete and may potentially be removed. The data may become obsolete at the start of the session.

I would like to tell you something that may be important for you while doing the coding. If different scripts have different values of session.gc_maxlifetime but share the same place for storing the session data then the script whose value is the smallest erase the data. In such cases you will have to use the session.save_path directive. If you use the session manager per file, which is provided by default, your system must keep track of dates of last file access.

The timestamp representing the lifetime of the cookie is set relative to the time server, which is not necessarily the same as the time the browser. The following are some more directives in the php.ini :
    • session.use_cookies boolean - Specifies whether the module will use cookies to store session data on the client. The default is 1, that is to say active.
    • session.use_only_cookies boolean - Specifies whether the module will only use cookies to store session id on the client side. Enabling this setting prevents attacks involved passing session ids in URLs.
    • session.cookie_lifetime integer - Specifies the lifetime of the cookie in seconds. The value of 0 means "until the browser is closed." The default is 0.