Thread: How to set up multiple DB2 systems in Linux machine

How to set up multiple DB2 systems in Linux machine

Hi,

In the DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows Version 8, I am a SAP customers and only be a physical machine each DB2 version installed on a copy, because the installation path is hard-coded. Although the DB2 Version 8 provides a replacement fix pack image, but these images only for testing, SAP in a production environment does not support them. I want to know that how to set up multiple DB2 systems in Linux machine. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to set up multiple DB2 systems in Linux machine

For the DB2 9, customers can on a single physical machine to install multiple DB2 Software Copy. Database the installation is independent of each other. They can be different levels, and can be installed on any valid path. Each copy can be independently updated, and will not affect each other. All equipped with DB2 9 for SAP R / 3 3.1I version of the environment to support this feature. In addition, the SAP Net Weaver 7.1 from the start, SAP installation program to fully take advantage of this feature, the DB2 instance owner of the software installed in the main directory. Check and reply.

In your system, install multiple DB2 copies.The benefits of the coexistence of multiple copies of DB29. For DB2 9, customers can host on many occasions to install DB2 software, and to a distribution of the different SAP DB2 instance DB2 installation. Each installed instance of DB2 software run independently. In addition, the installation of a complete image of the form provided for each amendment package, so you can choose is to install it on the previous image, or as a new image installed separately. Best of luck.

With this improvement, customers can allow different SAP applications running on the same host at different levels of DB2. For example, you can use a new revision package deployment and testing of SAP applications, and then the production system to the new installation. It also provides an easy way to return to the previous patch level approach. Each instance can be independently updated. You do not need to fix pack applied to the previous version, and applied to all instances, but the old methods are still supported. Check and reply.

I will give you the example, assume that customers are examples of I1, I2 and I3. He installed the original version of DB2 9 and the corresponding update all instances. And then install the DB2 9 Fix Pack 1; he may choose to have installed the original version installed, or installed on another path. Then, an instance I1 and I2 point to the new path to be updated. Then, in the new path to install DB2 9 Fix Pack 2. At this point, but also be able to point to the new path will include all instances, including I3 update Fix Pack 2. In the same physical machine to install Version 8 and Version 9, you can install Version 9 of the multiple levels of the fix pack. Check and reply.

The new feature enables DB2 and have had many changes. They can not use operating system utilities such as paged, rpm, smit, or sisal query DB2 products. On the contrary, to use a new command db2ls tracking the DB2 software is installed on the machine. It provides information on installation of DB2 products, including the version and installation time.
    Example:

Code:
    % / opt/ibm/db2/V9.1_01/install/db2ls
    Install Path Level FixPack Special Install Number Install Date
    / opt/ibm/db2/V9.1_01 9.1.0.0 0 Tue Jul 11 14:28:33 2006 EDT
    / opt/ibm/db2/V9.1_02 9.1.0.1 1 Thu Sep 7 16:52:14 2006 EDT
    You can not use the native operating system utilities such as ramp or smit)to uninstall DB2 software. To uninstall the DB2 product, it should be run db2_deinstall command, the command is located under the installation directory.
    Code:
    % / opt/ibm/db2/V9.1_01/install/db2_deinstall-a
    The above command can be DB2 products from / opt/ibm/db2/V9.1_01 directory to delete. Check and reply.