Thread: Classes for Visual Basic 6.0 Users

Classes for Visual Basic 6.0 Users

Hi friends,
    I have started doing the Visual Basic some time before. So i am not having much knowledge about the visual basic. So instead of finding it on web i thought that you guys can easily explain me about it. Please tell me about the Classes for Visual Basic 6.0 Users. Hope that someone would help me faster.!!

Re: Classes for Visual Basic 6.0 Users

Whether you're a beginner at the programming game or a programmer who as some experience with other languages, you'll find that Visual Basic 6 is just about the best way to start getting the right training with the objects approach to programming. Classes are the building blocks of an object-oriented application. A class is a programming construct that represents an object in the system. Designing an application requires designing the objects involved, the information contained by the objects, and what the objects can do.

Before you start developing a Visual Basic 6 application you should be aware that some programming knowledge is useful. If you have used BASIC or Pascal or C before you got here, that's OK. Visual Basic 6.0 provides support for defining classes through the class module. The definition of a class is stored in a special file type, the .cls file. One class is defined in each class module. Some of the definition of the class is embedded in the .cls file and only editable through the project system.
    I do to dead flowers what people at morgues do to dead people. Suck all the moisture out, dip them in plastic, paint them up pretty and put them in a nice frame.

I would like to tell you that some of the definition of the class is embedded in the .cls file and only editable through the project system. When you create a new class in Visual Basic 6.0, the allowable values of the Instancing property include GlobalSingleUse and GlobalMultiUse. These indicate that other components can invoke the properties and methods of the new class as if they were shared members. An instance of the class is implicitly created the first time one of its members is called.
    3.2 (northwood)
    2gig ram
    ATI AIW X800xt 256mb
    Gigabyte GA-8knxp 875p Chipset
    Optiwrite 8X DVD Burner
    Win XP PRO Sp2 (Works Perfectly)
    2 SATA Raptor 74gig Raid 0
    2 7200 IDE 320gig HD

Visual Basic 6.0 also supports Data Source and Complex Data Consumer classes. In Visual Basic 6.0, you can specify that any particular method or data member is the default member of a class. Object lifetime is determined by the creation and termination of the object instance. The program determines the creation time of the objects it declares, but termination involves a more complex mechanism. In Visual Basic 6.0, every object instance maintains a reference count.