Thread: How to Create and use custom classes in VB 6.0?

How to Create and use custom classes in VB 6.0?

Hi friends,
    I have not done with many programs in VB 6. You can call me as an initiator. Before that I have done C++ and C# programming languages. I want to know about the custom classes. So please tell me how to Create and use custom classes in VB 6.0? Hoping that someone will help me soon.!!

Re: How to Create and use custom classes in VB 6.0?

Using custom classes will allow a significant time savings through reuse and code maintenance. In addition, custom classes allow the provision of complex objects to which programmers can "simply" to use the properties and methods that a custom class is available to them. Before doing this you must include knowledge and use of state variables and understand the concept of scope of use of a variable. You need to know to declare and use custom functions and procedures requiring the use of parameters.
    I do to dead flowers what people at morgues do to dead people. Suck all the moisture out, dip them in plastic, paint them up pretty and put them in a nice frame.

I am telling you the basic things to make you understand more properly. A computer object is similar to an object of everyday life, and we use daily in our VBA code. These objects have characteristics that are their own and we can act on or with these objects. The features of a computer are called object properties. The actions we can perform on or through these objects are called methods. When we want to use an object, we must know the properties of the object available to us, and we also know the methods used for this purpose.
    IF you hate me, please don't mention it. I know who hates me and who doesn't. You really do not have to make fun of people....

In VB6, we use all the time objects. All controls that we put on a form (which is itself an object) are objects. In VBA for Excel, we manipulate objects Range (cell range), Worksheet (spreadsheet), Workbook (workbook), ...whereas in VBA for Word, we manipulate objects Word Document ... In VB6 or VBA, sometimes we reference library of external objects, to manipulate individual objects. For example, using the Microsoft Scripting Runtime library to manipulate objects file, folder, ... not usable by default VB6 or VBA. The Object Browser allows explore objects, that is to say, to view the properties, methods and events.
    "When they give you ruled paper, write the other way..." J.R.J.

When you must use an "object" computer, there are three possibilities. The first is to create as many variables as properties. The second uses a custom type. The third group involves the use of a custom class. A variable type is a group of several variables simple type that reflects the new structure. A custom type will be created when necessary to manipulate several variables as if they were an entity. The use of custom type variables partially meet the objections made above regarding the use of simple variables.