Thread: Finding php string length

Finding php string length

Hello experts !

I am developing a school competition application which contains some little functionality but I am getting some problem regarding string manipulation,I can perform the desired operations on number values.

But,teacher told me just create a logic which accepts the name of the user and present the name of user according to position of letter which the use requires
    For example -
    Enter user name : Alena
    Enter the Character position to view : 2

Output :ena

Finding php string length

hey dude !

Its very simple to understand.You have to use your little bit of mind and use the provided utility of the PHP programming.PHP programming contains a rich set of function for different purposes.

To do this,You need to find out the functionality of different function which is related to string.you have to find out the length of the whole string which is entered by the user and keep the value of position into another variable and put the value in the function which divides the string according to the position.

Now assign this divided value in another character variable and pass it with echo statement to print the result.

PHP - String Creation

Before implementation of the string you need to create it in your program. A string is used within a function or being stored in a variable which would be present and declared in the program code.

I am going create the string in which the first being stored into a variable and the just below described statement will take this string and print on the screen to display the output.

Code:
    $Cr_string = "Hello guys !Getting ....";
    echo "Hello guys !Getting ...."; // first way to display the output directly...
    echo $Cr_string;              // Second way the string is going to print after assignment of value in variable.

String Creation using Single Quotes

String Creation using Single Quotes

Earlier,We are aware of creation of strings using double-quotes but you can create the string using single-quotes, But you need to care about some characters which can create some problem .

For example,if you created a string in which you got a single apostrophe then you have to use some defined symbol to display the desired output.

Code:
    $Str_var = 'Its the magic of Programming .....';
    echo 'Its the magic of Programming .....';
    echo $Str_var;
    If you include some apostrophe then you need to use the escape (\) like

Code:
    echo 'It\'s the magic of Programming .....';

PHP String length counting by strlen

Using STRLEN functions :

The strlen function is used to find the length of the string variable.If the user enter the value as a string then you have define a variable which can contain a long size of string variable.

The value which is entered by the use,you need to store it in the defined variable and pass the variable to the function named STRLEN.

The example would be as follows :

Code:
    <?

$Str_var="It's mine.....";

echo "Length of the string = ".strlen($Str_var);

?>

String manipulated functions

There are so many functions are provided to make operation on strings.I am going to show you the list of relative functions which can help you to find your solution which you have currently.

Preator suggested you well,just go through the suggested procedure and use appropriate function which can be valuable for you .

The function are listed here -

Substr_count()
    Strlen()
    Substr_count ()
    Strcmp()
    Str_pad()

These are the functions which can help you a lot to find the way.