Thread: Need Development Application Tips

Need Development Application Tips

Hello,
    I want to develop a management application client order. At first I would like to manage a client customer, with coordinates, and to associate a customer with a command he has done, with follow-up, deposit, etc. The goal is to manage all this in a uniform manner, because I'm sick of my lists on the counter.
    I want to do this:
    1 - Is that Java is suited to this kind of development? (Multi-platform interests me a lot)

2 - Does Java can communicate with a database MySQL style (I master quite well)

3 - What do you advise to learn to be able to make my application without necessarily learn Java from A to Z?

Re: Need Development Application Tips

Hello,
    I think
    1 - Java is perfectly suited for your needs
    2 - Java can easily communicate with most DBMS including MySQL.
    3 - Begin by reading the tutorials for beginners, some Java FAQ site. For the database, JDBC. If you want to do an "intranet", looks directly at the Java frameworks available for creating web apps: Struts, JSF.
    I think you can carry with your project in java and after the completion it will a platform independent application.

Hello,
    Your application is divisible at least 2 large parties. The "business" that controls your application, establish business rules to apply. Finally all the heart what: what is a client, how to add a client, how do I change, what is a command, what relationships bind customers and orders ... in short everything is functional. Then the second part is the presentation of data. It must be independent of the first. Finally I want to say once you have the business portion must if you want to make the web or when a client or even a heavy application for mobile phone, you Do not be to rethink the business.

Hello,
    Some tips here
    1. What is a customer, what is a command
    -> With that you defined your classes. For example, your client object has attributes such as a name, a name, an address ...

2. How related are my customers and orders? Does it add to the customer that an order? is that a command can be linked to multiple clients? Can a customer can exist without control? ...

3. what is the management of my store?
    -> A system that allows me to manage a client list (adding, editing, deletion ...), create orders ...

Reflecting on those 3 points you should be able to create 3 classes, Customer, Order and Store. Already it is a good starting point and will be ready for testing, while linking it to the database.

Hello,
    I agree with the above post , and I would like to add to it
    1: At first your store has a list of clients.
    In shop class you'll probably like qqchose
    Code:
    List lscl = new ArrayList();
    To add a client, simply do:
    Code:
    lscl.add(new Customer( ...));
    But this is just one example. You can think of other ways to do it has to truly represents the "business"

2: it is not important.
    Your order must be capable of displaying a list of clients. It just displays multiple clients. have you set at the client what to show or not. After you do this in a combo, a table ... no matter. A customer is a customer. You should be able to display it as you wish. He does not let you create your client class thinking "but how it's going to graphically?"

Hello,
    This is what I have done till now
    Code:
    class Clients() {

clnt method(Name, Surname, Phone) {
      }

modcln method(Id, Name, Phone) {
      }

ClientList method() {
        return array("Name | First Name | ID", ...)
      }

}