Thread: What is the Gordon in JavaScript?

What is the Gordon in JavaScript?

Hi friends,
    I have done some coding in Java and PHP programming language. Now I am doing some projects in JavaScript. I have heard that we can use the flash player in JavaScript. The Gordon is the flash player that can be used into JavaScript. But I don't know anything more than this.!! Please tell me what is the Gordon in JavaScript? Also tell me how to use it. Any other information related to the topic would be grateful.!!

Re: What is the Gordon in JavaScript?

JavaScript has been used for a number of unusual projects in the past few years. Tobias Schneider has built a Flash runtime that works right in the browser. The flash player that you use is mostly implemented in pure JavaScript and HTML and this all whole thing is open source. To install it yourself, use "git clone git://github.com/tobeytailor/gordon.git". The main thing that I liked for a JavaScript-based player is that the Flash plugin isn’t available on all platforms.
    3.2 (northwood)
    2gig ram
    ATI AIW X800xt 256mb
    Gigabyte GA-8knxp 875p Chipset
    Optiwrite 8X DVD Burner
    Win XP PRO Sp2 (Works Perfectly)
    2 SATA Raptor 74gig Raid 0
    2 7200 IDE 320gig HD

Gordon is very good flash player for using with the JavaScript. It translates Flash SWF files to Scalable Vector Graphics which are supported on the iPhone. The project runs on most modern browsers with the exception of Internet Explorer. Gordon currently supports the SWF 1.0 format and SWF 2.0 is in development. You can create any open source Flash runtime written in pure JavaScript with SVG.
    I do to dead flowers what people at morgues do to dead people. Suck all the moisture out, dip them in plastic, paint them up pretty and put them in a nice frame.

I have given a sample of coding for the Leopard.html. You can use the similar for creating the flash in JavaScript :
    HTML Code:
    <html xmlns="http://www.abc.org/2010/xhtml">
      <head>
        <title>Gordon: An open source Flash runtime written in pure JavaScript</title>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="../gordon.js"></script>
      </head>
      <body onload="new Gordon.Movie('leopard.swf', {id: 'stage', width: 700, height: 450})">
        <div id="stage"></div>

</body>
    </html>
    IF you hate me, please don't mention it. I know who hates me and who doesn't. You really do not have to make fun of people....

The Gordon gets supported by the browser as well as swf tag. The following is a best example that describes the lightening apple, which is good example of the flash :
    HTML Code:
    <html xmlns="http://www.xyz.org/2010/xhtml"> 
      <head> 
        <title>Gordon: An open source Flash™ runtime written in pure JavaScript</title> 
        <script type="text/javascript" src="gordon.js"></script> 
        <script type="text/javascript" src="src/Movie.js"></script> 
      </head> 
      <body onload="new Gordon.Movie('apple.swf', {id: 'stage', width: 460, height: 580})"> 
        <div id="stage"></div> 
      </body> 
    </html>