Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 25-02-2010

Message Passing in Java

Hello, I want to know the Message Passing Details in Java. I have heard that it is possible in java and I want to know the details about it. If anyone from you is having information about it, then please help me to know it. Thank you in advance.
Old 25-02-2010

Re: Message Passing in Java

If you are wanted to know about the message passing in java then it is a you need to make use of the sockets, I/O streams, and object serialization for getting the information of the implementation of the protocol which will simply able to send, receive and handle all of the messages. You can simply able to merge the message passing framework with the java event model which will be used from the awt package for handling the GUI events. If you make use of the GUI events then you will simply able to get the solution for integrating different systems at a time.
Old 25-02-2010

Message passing in java is have following characteristics:
  • It happens when a thread from the process sends any types of message to the any other thread.
  • Most of the time message passing is performed for the communication and synchronization between the threads in the environments. You are able to perform the message passing in shared memory platform also.
  • If you want to send the Messages then you can simply able to use the channel as below:
  • Code:
     send(channel,  message)
  • Code:
    receive(channel,  message)
  • And if you are passing the message in the Asynchronous type then the sender does not block.
Old 25-02-2010

Hello, if you consider the definition of the Meilir Page-Jones then you will able to get the following three types of messages:
  • Informative - It will simply send the details of information to the object for updating.
  • Interrogative - It will simply ask to object for the details of it.
  • Imperative - This is used for taking some action.
Old 25-02-2010

Hey, I have search regarding the Message passing on internet and I come to know that there are four types of messages available with the reference to the Grady Booch:
  • Synchronous - This of message receiving started simply when the message which is sent from the sender is got.
  • Balking - It is used if the receiver is not taking the message.
  • Timeout - This is the type where sender will take into consideration of the sending and receiving for the specified time of period.
  • Asynchronous - This type of message is used when the sender want to send the message whether receiver want to receive or not.
Old 25-02-2010

Message passing in java is used for the following purpose:
  • It is use when the communication between the Objects is necessary.
  • In this type of message passing some sort of information is provided.
  • For sending some request to the object one object may use the message passing in java.
  • Most of the time in message passing the message is passed by passing arguments back and forth.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,