Thread: How to build development environment in J2ME

How to build development environment in J2ME

Hi all,

I am a java developer and already built a project on java. I have idea about java core but i don't build a project on J2ME.Recently my boss is given me a project on J2ME,but i don't have idea about this. I want to know that how to build development environment in J2ME. Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to build development environment in J2ME

You can use NetBeans toJ2MEDevelopment. Follow the steps:
    1. First, install theJDK-6-Windows-i586.exeSoftware, The path is assumed to be D: \Java\ jdk1.6.0. The installation process will automatically install a virtual environment, distance: D: \ java \ jre1.6.0.
    2.. Jdk configuration of environment variables. Right click on "My Computer" - "attribute, as shown into the properties of interface, select the" Advanced "option, click on" Environment Variables "environmental variable configuration.
    Check and reply.

How to build development environment in J2ME

You need to install j2me_wireless_toolkit-2_2-ml -Windows. exe, assumed that the software installation path to D: \ java \ WTK22, the installation process will prompt JDK installation path, confirmed that is correct. after that install apache-tomcat-5.5.20.exe, assuming installation path: D: \ java \ Tomcat 5.5, the installation process will automatically find the jre installation path, to confirm that the correct line.You can also go to environment variables to configure tomcat. In new system environment variables dialog box, the variable is named TOMCAT_HOME, the variable value: D: \ java \ Tomcat 5.5, choose the CLASSPATH system variable, enter the Edit System Variable dialog box, in the variable value added D: \ java \ Tomcat 5.5 \ common \ lib \Servlet-api.jar; In the d: \ java \ tomcat \ bin where double tomcat5.exe start tomcat Then in the IE address bar enter: http://localhost:8080/index.JSP. Check and reply.

You can also do the following procedure:
    1). Into the interface, there J2ME, said the J2ME plug-in has been installed into the eclipse.
    2). Click on the left of the J2ME, appears interface. WTK in the WTK Root select the installation path.
    3). Click on the left J2ME under Device Management, appears interface.
    Click to import, appears interface. Click the Browse button, select the WTK's bin directory, such as d: \ java \ WTK22 \ bin, and then press the refresh button.
    4). And then click finish to complete the configuration operation J2ME.

Check and reply

In the preferences menu option to enter the window interface, click on the left side of the Tomcat option, set the tomcat version to version 5.x, set the tomcat-home for the D: \ java \ Tomcat 5.5, click on the lower right corner of the APPLY button to submit. Preferences into the window menu option to modify the interface java path Installed JREs. Preferences into the window menu option to set the Tomcat home interface tomcat. After the installation of plug-in, delete the contents of the Configuration folder. All the best.