Thread: About Java Chart

About Java Chart

Hello,
    My desire is to represent an image file in a diagram representing the interactions between multiple actors in a system. I wonder if there is a java library in order to create such a chart in an image (PNG, bmp, ...). I do not know if what I want is very clear because I do not know much in the field. My final requirement is to integrate these diagrams in a document openoffice writer. I am trying to chart in java, is this possible? And if yes then please help me.

Re: About Java Chart

Hello,
    There is currently no reverse engineering of java code in a usecase diagram. This function is not provided elsewhere and I do not think it will in the near future because there are workarounds. A solution of workarounds that I recommend would be to reverse the java code Class Diagram and then these stereotyped classes Actor. In my example eg Student, Undergraduate, Graduate and Instructor are actors, while Class and race are not. The stereotype Actor in this case allows one to mix class diagram and usecase diagram by a drag and drop players in the form of a rectangle in a stereotyped usecase diagram.

Hello,
    Even I have a similar kind of a problem, UML diagram of my code that I am only able to draw diagrams with an output image format.
    Example: In my application I defined an interface between a component X_Y X and a Y component, I want to "draw" me a diagram linking X to Y with as interface name X_Y all this in a file photo. This is not an interface but in code interface level job.

Hello,
    The left image is a FUNCTIONS included in all editors UML worthy of the name. The menu is often so you click on the bottom diagram> Export and we chose a format (jpg, png, pdf etc .....) There is also the trick of using a tool such a image which catches the screen and allows you to copy and paste into documents such as Open Office. Personally I find that exports images are not terrible and I prefer to use Cropper, edit, add comments, etc. ... directly in the image.

Hello,
    I do not want to draw chart in hand, but within my Java application. That is why I am looking for an api to do this. Basically my application is an application to define connections between components. I want to create an image file that represents those links between my different components. And as I have no desire to develop all the code related to the creation of the graph I wonder if an API for drawing such a graph exists. If you have a solution for this then please do post back.

Hello,
    Not fully integrated with Java but very simple and very effective use is graphviz. It is a graph plotter (mathematical structure) with automatic Layouting about right. Obviously, this is the way to use it. If you need any more help then feel free to mention here. Otherwise you can use a java library , if I am not wrong the name of the library is Jung and it is used for something like this , though I have not used it, you can try it.