Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 23-02-2010

blush Data Mining Query task in SQL Server 2008

Hi all,

Can someone tell me the type of connection expected by the Data Mining Query Task in SQL Server 2008 ? I can't put a connection in the Mining Query Task Editor (Mining Model Tab). Below the Connection Managers tab I have three connections: one System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection with the MSOLAP3, one MSOLAP100 with the MSOLAP.4 provider and an OLEDB with the SQLNCLI10.1 provider. I found that the connection dropdown is always vacant. If I click 'New', I can make a new data connection, but for all time i get messages of this kind. Please help. Thanks in advance.
Old 23-02-2010

Data Mining Query task in SQL Server 2008

Data Mining Query task according to Analysis Services data mining models built to run prediction queries. Prediction query by using the mining model to create a new data forecasts. For example, forecasts can predict the summer, check the number of panels may be sold, or likely to buy panels generate the expected list of customers. Query is a data mining extensions (DMX) statement. DMX language is an extension of SQL language, for the operation of the mining model to provide support. Check and reply.
Old 23-02-2010

The task can query generated under the same mining structure, multiple mining models. Mining model is to use Analysis Services to provide some sort of data mining algorithms generated. Data Mining Query task references mining structure using different algorithms generated may contain multiple mining models. Data Mining Prediction Query task to run queries to return a single row or a data set of results. Returns a single row of the query as a separate query. For example, the predicted number of possible sale of the summer sailing the query will return a number. Query returns a single row on the forecast more information, see Creating DMX prediction queries. Best of luck.
Old 23-02-2010

Actually Query results will be saved to the table. If the Data Mining Query task list with the specified name already exists, then the task can be appended after the number of the same name, to create a new table, you can also cover the contents of the table. If the result contains a nested, then save the results before the simplification. The results can be nested by simplifying the result set to change as a table. Check and reply.
Old 23-02-2010

I will give you the example that the simplification with Customer column and Product nested column nested results, will add a row in the Customer column, which is generated with each customer's product data sheet. For example, with three different products, customers will be a three rows of the table, each line repeated this customer, and each row contains different products. If you omit the FLATTENED keyword, then the table will contain only Customer column, and the only line of each customer.
Old 23-02-2010

Data Mining Query task requires two connections. The first connection is Analysis Services Connection Manager, connect to Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services instance or contain mining structures and mining model Analysis Services project. The second connection is OLE DB Connection Manager, connect to contains the task you want to write SQL Server database tables. Check and reply.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , , ,