Thread: How to Debug PHP Using Firefox with FirePHP?

How to Debug PHP Using Firefox with FirePHP?

Hi friends,
    Last time you all guys helped me a lot in solving my query. I just came to know that I can debug the scripts or coding of PHP by using the FirePHP. This option is in FireFox. I don't have any idea about the FirePHP and how to use it. Hope that someone hanging out there should know about this. So Please tell me how to Debug PHP Using Firefox with FirePHP? Expecting some help as soon as possible. Detailed information would be really grateful.!!

Re: How to Debug PHP Using Firefox with FirePHP?

The FirePHP doesn't come with the FireFox browser. You will have to install the plugin of that because the FirePHP is a plugin for Firebug. The Firebug is the web development plugin for Firefox. By using the Firebug you are allowed to talk (communicate) from PHP scripts to a Firebug panel. FirePHP enables you to log to your Firebug Console using a simple PHP method call. The little ’bug is a fantastically useful for debugging the PHP.
    3.2 (northwood)
    2gig ram
    ATI AIW X800xt 256mb
    Gigabyte GA-8knxp 875p Chipset
    Optiwrite 8X DVD Burner
    Win XP PRO Sp2 (Works Perfectly)
    2 SATA Raptor 74gig Raid 0
    2 7200 IDE 320gig HD

As said by the 'MELTRONICS', FirePHP is a plugin for Firebug and Firebug is the web development plugin for Firefox. There are two main ways of debugging server-side code, which are :
    1. First, is that you can utilize with the help of built-in debugger or log in an Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
    2. And the second, is that you can perform your debugging processes in a web browser.
    I do to dead flowers what people at morgues do to dead people. Suck all the moisture out, dip them in plastic, paint them up pretty and put them in a nice frame.

FirePHP is implemented as a native Firefox extension, and is available from Mozilla Addons. FirePHP enables you to log to your Firebug Console using a simple PHP method call. FirePHP is an add-on for an add-on and it extends the popular in-browser web development tool called Firebug with an API for PHP web application developers. And the much good news is that FirePHP is free and easily attainable via the Mozilla Add-Ons section on the official site of the Mozilla. After a basic setup procedure, you can start printing everything from status messages to multi-dimensional arrays straight to your Firebug console. Hope that you will get the proper way for debugging the PHP.
    IF you hate me, please don't mention it. I know who hates me and who doesn't. You really do not have to make fun of people....

You can start printing once you have completed a basic setup procedure. After that you can print everything from the status messages to multi-dimensional arrays, that too you can print straight to your Firebug console. By using extension HTTP headers, FirePHP achieves this. All data is sent via response headers and will not interfere with the content on your page. FirePHP can be a little tricky to install if you’ve just recently started learning about web development but later on you will note that it is very much useful.
    "When they give you ruled paper, write the other way..." J.R.J.

Till now you might have known that there are three main things that you require. These three things are necessary for running with FirePHP and they are as follows :
    • Firefox
    • Firebug
    • FirePHP
    You can get the all things that are mentioned above from the Web. For doing the debugging of PHP using the Firefox with FirePHP, You need all the applications installed on your system.