Thread: Analyze COBOL source with Regex

Analyze COBOL source with Regex

Hello,
    I try to analyze a COBOL source file, I would recognize the term "PROCEDURE DIVISION. For this I use the following pattern:
    Pattern pattern = Pattern.compiles( "$^.*?(? i)\\bprocedure\\b.\\p (Space). (? i)\\bdivision\\b. * ", Pattern.Dotall | Pattern.MULTILINE );
    This expression is preceded by white and only white. I tried without the line end and beginning of the line, nothing to do, it does not. Someone can help me? Thank you.

Re: Analyze COBOL source with Regex

Hello,
    Proposal not guarantee the hypothesis that one or more lines are passed to the matcher
    Code:
    Pattern pattern = Pattern.compiles( "^\\p (Space) * procedure\\(p) + Space division .* $ ", Pattern.MULTILINE | Pattern.Case_insensitive );
    - ^ \ \ p (Space) * to recognize "white" before the line
    - procedure
    - \ \ p (Space) + for at least one "white"
    - Division
    - $ .* To accept anything until the end of line

I did not put that because I do not. between procedure and division and put case_insensitive to avoid (? i).

Hello,
    I was trying for a similar problem a few days before and here is the topic now, I am the interested if you have a solution for this, by the way your assumption is correct. In fact, I have forgotten the white top of the line (like what to write the problem and reread it makes a difference). Unfortunately it does not work. What is the maximum size of a String object?

Hello,
    After rereading my algo, I found it was not good, Our solutions are both correct . I did not put dotall because I do not. between procedure and division and put case_insensitive to avoid (? i). I at least learned how to do it. Thank you again for your availability. And if you have any other alternative solution for this then please let me know.

Hello,
    Thanks for your reply guys. I understand why a file of several thousand lines did not in a String. What idea indeed. It works best with an array of String. Ok, so, even i will also use the array of string now to do the things, and if you have any information about this, then please do post back. I have tried a code for this and I have got an error, but I think I can solve the error, if no then I will post here.

Hello,
    The problem is the same for all containers that have an index (table, CharSequence, Collection, some flows, ...) and / or table internally. But in good general index 2 ^ 31-1 (2 billion +) is already not so bad. I hope you are getting the thing what we are trying to explain to you, I recommend you to have a tutorial or a documentation on the regular expression on the how to use it with cobol programming language and then write the codes for it.