Thread: Upgrade issue with Java EE 6

Upgrade issue with Java EE 6

Hi all,

After the release of Java EE 6, I have seen a lot of objections to upgrade to the new platform point of view. These opposing views are mostly from the Tomcat / Jetty and some open-source frameworks such as Hibernate and Spring from me. Of course, the choice of non-standard, open source technology has many advantages. In addition, EE 6, i can use your interest in open-source framework, Servlet 3 and CDI can seamlessly integrate third-party framework. Please somebody suggest me about Java EE 6 up gradation..

Re: Upgrade issue with Java EE 6

Upgrading a server such as GlassFish or JBoss is a very trivial task. Upgrade third-party framework is even more painful. Some organizations have a very heavyweight server upgrade process, and for the server to run within the framework of the upgrade process is not so heavy process control. Therefore, the development team, the upgraded third-party framework would be more easier. I think that the development of a more convincing, the better the process is the most important, rather than give up Java EE. Best of luck.

Objection is based on enterprise edition server contains a lot of use less than a function. Opponents of the argument usually involves a discussion jar packet size, Servlet Engine + third-party framework and EE application server, the disk space occupied by the comparison. In fact, this argument is problematic. In addition, I think the most convincing is that Java EE 6 Web Profile do not enormous. Once certified Web Profile server on the market, we can in large EE application server with a small middle Servlet container to find a balance. Check and reply.

We have seen a lot of people will be divided after the application deployed in different application servers. Oh, I have seen, this means that 100% perfect for application 0 to change the port, a Platonic ideal for portability. I know for absolute truth and the Platonic ideal of the weakness, but let us look at an example.This is a very typical view of the portability problems: 9% of the code, 85% of the external meta-data on different server platforms are completely compatible with, and the remaining 1% and 15% can be properly segmented. 0% of the code, 80% of the external metadata binding in a non-standard, single-vendor architecture of the container. So i suggested you to use Java EE older version. Best of luck.

Re: Upgrade issue with Java EE 6

The java EE 6 platform, people are sick of working on EJB2 and J2EE. This is why some people continue to join the JCP to help fix these problems. n fact, Java EE 6 Web Profile has been sufficient. If you do not personally try to Java EE. I think, you can not really feel the benefits of the development EE6 right. Best of luck.