Thread: What is the Benefits of Automated Testing

What is the Benefits of Automated Testing

Hi all,

I am a fresher in software engineering. I have some question for you that I have ever tested applications or Web sites manually, I am aware of the drawbacks. Manual testing is time-consuming and tedious, requiring a heavy investment in human resources. Worst of all, time constraints often make it impossible to manually test every feature thoroughly before the application is released. This leaves me wondering whether serious bugs have gone undetected. I want to know that what is the Benefits of Automated Testing. Thanks.
    Last edited by Galbraith; 17-02-2010 at 06:08 AM.

It is Reliable. You can tests perform exactly the same operations each time they are run, thereby get rid of human error. Its Repeatable feature provide you for test how the software reacts under frequent execution of the same operations. It is 100 % Programmable with you can program complicated tests that bring out hidden information from the application. Check and reply.

Re: What is the Benefits of Automated Testing

Automated Testing is also comprehensive. You can build a suite of tests that cover every feature in your application. It is reusable. You can use again tests on different versions of an application, even if the user interfaces changes. It provides Better Quality Software because you can run more tests in less time with fewer resources. I suggest you to opt this technology. Best of luck.

Automated Testing is fast. Automated Tools run tests considerably faster than human users. It is also cost reduction factor. As the number of resources for failure test are reduced. You need to choose the right tools for the job and targeting the correct areas of the association to organize them can only realize these benefits. The right areas where the automation fit must be chosen by developer. Check and reply.

The following areas must be automated first by developer. Check it out and reply.

# Extremely outmoded tasks or scenarios
    # Cyclic tasks that are dull to cause human error
    # Well-developed and well-understood use scenario first
    # Relatively stable areas of the application over unstable ones must be automated.

Re: What is the Benefits of Automated Testing

Automated testers must pursue the following rule to get the benefits of automation.
    # As simple as likely and no simpler.
    # Test information its have results; needs no human understanding.
    # Test can be run several times in a line without human interference.
    # Test produce same result now and everlastingly. Tests are not exaggerated by changes in the outside environment.
    # Tests confirm all the necessities of the software being tested.