Thread: Difference between DBMS and RDBMS

Difference between DBMS and RDBMS

Hello,
    I was using earlier Foxpro where all the database are stored in a file format but now I need to migrate my work on different database.Please suggest me which type of database I should use for my work and can I migrate my whole data contents on oracle or SQL server database.Would you suggest me to do this task and what would be the procedure.

Difference between DBMS and RDBMS

Difference between DBMS and RDBMS :

If we talk about the database,There are two categories of database management system are here named DBMS and RDBMS.

DBMS is a ordinary system to maintain the data which follow different rules to store and manage the database system.The RDBMS is called Relational database management system which follows the rules of normalization developed by E.F. Codd and the storage and management system is entirely different from DBMS.

The data contents are not bonded to present in tables format where the RDBMS follow the rules of tables and cells.

Migrating Foxpro to Oracle

Migrating Foxpro to Oracle :

The Foxpro is a DBMS and Oracle belongs to RDBMS category.If you need to migrate from Foxpro to oracle then you can do it using export utility of oracle database.

Before starting,you have to import the foxpro database to MS-Access then you can use oracle migration assistant for MS-Access to import the foxpro database to oracle.

You should try above,I hope it would work fine.

Migrating Foxpro to Oracle

Migrating Foxpro to Oracle :

You can migrate foxpro database into oracle using this strategy also which includes the software facility.Visit here http://oracle-foxpro-import-export-c....informer.com/.

This provide an easiest way to convert your database object from DBMS to RDBMS and RDBMS to DBMS category.This software will migrate to and from oracle and foxpro.

This will help you as like an import and export facility.

Components of DBMS

Components of DBMS :

The components of DBMS is as follows ;

• DBMS Engine which accepts the request from different sources and converts into an appropriate form for response.
    • Data Definition Subsystem helps the schema of database to define the structure of file and maintain the data dictionary.
    • Data Manipulation Subsystemis used to perform the manipulation like add,change and delete information in a database.
    • Application Generation Subsystem which is used to develop the transactions-intensive applications.It is used to make the application very friendly for use of clients.
    • Data Administration Subsystem,which provides the interface to manage the whole database from backup,recovery,security management, query optimization, concurrency control and so much privileges.