Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Basics of NetBeans IDE

Software Development

Old 14-02-2010

Basics of NetBeans IDE

Hi friends,
I have just started doing the Java. In that I am studying the about creating a GUI with Swings and JFC. And for that I should learn the feature of the NetBeans IDE, which I don't know anything. So thought that anyone out there would be interested in helping me, so posting this query. Please explain me about the Basics of NetBeans IDE. Any other information related to the same topic would be grateful.

Old 14-02-2010

Re: Basics of NetBeans IDE

I think that before exploring its GUI creation capabilities, it is not necessary to learn every feature of the NetBeans IDE. But there are some features that can be important to study before the GUI creation. NetBeans refers to both a platform framework for Java desktop applications, and an integrated development environment. You can use the NetBeans for developing many programming languages like Java, PHP, Python, JavaScript, C, C++, etc. If you have installed the Java Virtual Machine (JVM), then you can run NetBeans IDE no matter which operating system you are using.
Old 14-02-2010

I think that you should know more about the NetBeans. The version that has been released recently allows developers to include Enterprise JavaBeans and Web Services along with the developing applications. The NetBeans IDE is an open-source integrated development environment. NetBeans IDE supports almost development of all Java application types. The robust open source Java IDE, has everything that Java Software Developers need to develop cross-platform desktop, web and mobile applications straight out of the box. All the functions of the IDE are provided by modules and modules also allow NetBeans to be extended.
Old 14-02-2010

The Palette and the Property Editor are the main feature of the NetBeans IDE which should be known properly before doing the GUI creation. I hope that you need the same thing. All the components that the Swing API is providing is also contained in the Palette. By using the property editor you can edit the properties of each component. In both of this you would have to create label by using JLabel and the JTextField. You will come to know about this later when you study in deep.
Old 14-02-2010

The Design Area and the Inspector are the components that should be studied before using the GUI creation. So I have explained in short about them. The Design Area is where you will visually construct your GUI. The Design Area has two views as follows :
  • source view
  • design view
You can toggle between views at any time by clicking their respective tabs. And talking about the Inspector, it is last component of the NetBeans IDE.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , , ,