Thread: How to combine XML and HTML

How to combine XML and HTML

Hi all,

I am web site designer with programmer. I use html on a frontend in my program. I want mix my html to XML in table data. How it is possible. Please suggest some code or tool to produce combination of XML and HTML. Thanks in advance.

You need to create nested XML processing in you program. Under normal circumstances, we have obtained from the database query result set can be large, so returned to the client from the server, the data will be divided into several pages to pass separately. Use of TABLE element DATAPAGESIZE property can specify the record set on each page that contains the number of entries. Thanks and reply.

Re: How to combine XML and HTML

You can combine XML data to HTML page. If the XML data format is symmetric, then whether it is mapped to the ADO recordset is still bound to the form element, the effect will be very good. In practical applications, XML data are also many examples of non-symmetrical, such as the author of a book may be more than one, which is mapping and binding will have some trouble. Solution to the problem is to use nested. Each line corresponds to a table is still the main element, each column also corresponds to a sub-element. For the repeat element, the use of a nested form. Check and reply.

Re: How to combine XML and HTML

You need to create a TABLE element, and data island ID assigned to the DATAFLD property. For the individual XML elements, such as <isbn>, create a TD element, and set the corresponding DATAFLD properties. For the repeat elements, in the TD element nested inside a form. Using a single row in the form of a separate display author information. On this way you can combine XML and HTML. Check and reply.

You can use the DSO. DSO to XML data island ADO recordset handle as one of the major advantage is that the use of ADO provides a variety of methods to access data sources, especially when the data island with similar SPAN, DIV, and INPUT elements such as HTML binding. Generally, these elements shows a record of the first set of records, in order to traverse the sets of records here, you can use ADO methods: Move, MoveFirst, MoveLast, MoveNext, and MovePrevious. Response functions such as the creation of a button, as long as the user clicks "Next" button, you can browse one by one the corresponding records.

I am also using DSO technology to combine XML and HTML. With the DSO to access the properties of elements is very simple, you can directly attribute according to sub-elements to deal with.
    For example:

Code:
    <book isbn="5-111-122-56">
    </ book>
    Thus, when binding to HTML tables, you can directly from sub-elements to deal with:

<TD> <SPAN DATAFLD="isbn"> </ SPAN> </ TD>