Thread: What is Export Methods in Java?

What is Export Methods in Java?

Hi friends,
    I have recently started with the Java, so i am not having enough knowledge about the Java. In a application I want to export data from a component, so I have to use the Export Methods. But I don't know anything about it.!! So please help me by telling what is Export Methods in Java? Any coding related to it would be grateful.!! Thanks In Advance.!!

Re: What is Export Methods in Java?

Many times you need the methods that are helpful for exporting data from a component. The methods that are used for that purpose are invoked for the drag gesture. It can also invoked by the cut or copy action, when the component in question is the source of the operation. The following are TransferHandler methods for exporting data :
    • getSourceActions(JComponent)
    • createTransferable(JComponent)
    • exportDone(JComponent, Transferable, int)
    IF you hate me, please don't mention it. I know who hates me and who doesn't. You really do not have to make fun of people....

I have tried to explain you the methods of TransferHandler in more detail :
    1. getSourceActions(JComponent) - You can use this method for knowing what actions are supported by the source component. The actions can be Copy, Move, etc. in any combination. Most of examples support both Copy and Move but it is not supported always.
    2. createTransferable(JComponent) - You can use this method for bundle up the data to be exported. You will have to bundle it into Transferable object in preparation for the transfer.
    3. exportDone(JComponent, Transferable, int) - When the export is completed this method is invoked.
    I do to dead flowers what people at morgues do to dead people. Suck all the moisture out, dip them in plastic, paint them up pretty and put them in a nice frame.

I know about export method which is used in Oracle, hope that it may help you. The following are the parameters of the export method :
    • ctx - This parameter is used to view the source plug-in context information.
    • source_type - This parameter is used for viewing the type of the external source data.
    • source_location - For seeing the location to which the source data is to be exported, this parameter is used.
    The export( ) method natively supports only sources with a source.srcType value of file. User-defined sources may support the export() method.

I have provided you with the sample of coding that can be used for export methods :
    Code:
    int getSourceActions(JComponent jc) {
        return MOVE_OR_COPY;
    }

Transferable createTransferable(JComponent jc) {
        return new StringSelection(jc.getSelection());
    }

void exportDone(JComponent jc, Transferable t, int action) {
        if (action == MOVE) {
            jc.removeSelection();
        }
    }