Thread: How to improve .NET site performance?

How to improve .NET site performance?

I have developed a number of websites using the dot net. That does not mean I am expert in developing the website according to me I am novice user of the dot net but I have the basic knowledge related to it. I want to know how to improve the performance of website which I have developed in dot net.

Try to buffer the page output

For improving the performance the main thing of concern is roundtrips for that try to buffer the page output, processing is complete again after the transfer to the client, it can avoid frequent small piece of content delivery network caused by the repeated interaction. Because of this approach before the end of the page dealing with the client cannot see the page content, so if a page of a larger size, it can consider using Response.Flush method. This method forces the output to date in the buffer content, you should use a reasonable algorithm for controlling the number of calls Response.Flush method.

Redirect the request using the Server.Transfer method

According to me you should redirect the request using the Server.Transfer method is superior to Response.Redirect method. Reason is that Response.Redirect will send a response back to the Broswer head, first pointed out in response to the redirected URL, using the new URL, after Brower re-issued the request. The Server.Transfer method directly is a simple server-side calls, there is no such overhead! Note that Server.Transfer has its limitations: first, it will skip the security checks; second only applies to applications in the same Web page within the inter-jump.

Re: How to improve .NET site performance?

Whenever possible you should avoid the processing of requests during the course of Web services and the synchronization of remote object calls, because it is occupied by the ASP.NET thread pool of worker threads, which will directly affect the Web server, the ability to respond to other requests. Given the need to return value to the Web method or the remote object's method to add OneWay property. This model allows Web Server to return immediately after the call. According to the actual situation you have to decide whether to use this method.

For improving the performance you should consider the use of the cache.
    Cache can be largely determines the ultimate performance of ASP.NET applications. Asp.net support page output caching and page part of the cache, and to provide Cache API, available to the application cache their own data. Whether to use the cache may wish to consider the following points:
    1. identifying the cost to create and access large data
    2. to assess the need to cache the data variability
    3. to assess the frequency of use of data
    4. will have to cache data variable data and constant data separation, only the cache the same data
    5. select the appropriate caching mechanism (except for Asp.net Cache things, Application state, and Session state can also be used as a cache)

According to me ASP.NET controls in the implementation of the constructor to initialize the properties of the period setting will not be tracked changes; while in the property after the initialization phase changes will be tracked, and ultimately recorded among the IE page __VIEWSTATE . Therefore, a reasonable choice to initialize the control properties for the enforcement point, which can effectively reduce the page size.