Thread: How to remote connections by MySQL database server

question How to remote connections by MySQL database server

Hi all,

I am using CentOS. It is installed in the MySQL database server, the system due to security considerations, the default is not supported by non-native users to connect to the database server, if i want the user to another machine connected to the database server. I just want to know that how to remote connections by MySQL database server. Thanks.

How to remote connections by MySQL database server

In the console implementation of the mysql-u root-p mysql, the system prompts the user entered into the database root password, enter into the mysql console immediately after the completion of this command the first one is the implementation of the mysql command, and the second is the system data name of the mysql is not the same. Check the process and reply.

In the mysql console to execute commands in the 'root'@'%' can interpret it this way: root is the user name,% is the host name or IP address, where% represents any host or IP address, you can also replace any other user name or specify a unique IP address; 'MyPassword' is for authorized users to specify the login password for the database; Another point is that I need to note here are authorized for all permissions. Check and reply.

if you can not trust the implementation of the mysql console, select host, user from user; check the contents of a user table. in the mysql console implementation of the GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY' MyPassword 'WITH GRANT OPTION. check the baove procedure and reply me back. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to remote connections by MySQL database server

You need the root or mysql username and password to log in to MySQL using Telnet or an SSH client. This agree to you to perform question at the command prompt. At the command prompt, type
    Code:
    mysql -u username -p
    Enter password when prompted. Once logged in, you can list all available databases by typing:
    Code:
    SHOW DATABASES;
    Create a Database by typing :
    Code:
    CREATE DATABASE databasename123;
    and add users to a database by typing
    Code:
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON databasename123.* TO newuser@"%" IDENTIFIED BY "newpassword";