Thread: Differentiation between XML and Html

Differentiation between XML and Html

Hello friend,

I need you help to sort out my confusion. I am not able find-out the exact difference between the XML and HTML. The only one difference which is I know that, in XML we get facility to define our own tag which is not available in Html. Other than this I don't know any difference. Do you know any difference between XML and HTML? if yes then please let me know that. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: Differentiation between XML and Html

See following some differentiation between Html and XML:
    • HTML is used almost exclusively to the 'web' (browsers with HTTP).
    • XML is designed to exchange data between hierarchical systems.
    • XML is more flexible and more 'customizable' as needed (one can define new markers for a particular purpose).
    • The pattern of the HTML is fixed and everyone must use the tags defined by the W3C.
    • HTML is considered a dying standard by W3C.

HTML is a hypertext markup language. HTML is a markup language used to render the content with some additional meaning on the web. (the semantics of language, i.e a tag gives meaning to its content. A XML standard designed for the commercial exchange between companies,(webservices) that allows programs to give orders to other programs over a network, without needing to use a common programming language or identical computers.

XML has become increasingly important as many believe it will undoubtedly replace the HTML in its leading role in language. The arguments in favor of XML-related limitations are presented in HTML, see below:
    1. HTML is a set of predefined tags and describes only the records of a single type.
    2. HTML documents used as applications cluttering the Internet with an exchange of data from client to server.
    3. HTML data are difficult to treat for browsers.

Hi friend,

However, it is unrealistic to think that HTML will suddenly become insignificant, especially considering the number of active pages and useful that we can now find on the Internet. Several proposals have been made to keep the HTML and find a way to incorporate XML. The idea is to integrate and process XML data clearly defined and delineated in HTML documents.

When considering ways of publishing on the Web, it is inevitably tempted to make a comparison between HTML and XML. While XML is not the successor of HTML. Developers are using the known possibilities and set of HTML while experimenting with XML in their own environments. Enriching web content and making additional improvements to the models of contents based on XML. The only common point between HTML and XML is that they come from all two of the same "mother" or SGML.