Thread: Confused over DataTable, DataView and DataGrid

sad Confused over DataTable, DataView and DataGrid

Hi all,

I am fresher in .net and using the asp.net in my program. I am using the database in my project, but i am little confused over DataTable, DataView and DataGrid. Can anybody simplify me that. Thanks in advance.

Confused over DataTable, DataView and DataGrid

DataTable that the data in a memory table, it is all in memory of an independent existence, this table contains all the information. From the DataTable can be read from the database by connecting them to form a table, once read the contents of the DataTable, the DataTable with the data source can be disconnected and independent existence; it can be entirely by program code to establish themselves through the a table. check that and reply .

A table is formed by the rows and columns of a two-dimensional structure. The table structure is formed by a collection of DataColumn objects, DataColumn object collection can be DataTable.Columns property to have access to that, by defining the data type of each column to determine the structure of the table, similar to the definition of the database table. End the definition of the structure of the table can be generated according to structure DataRow, use DataTable.NewRow () method to generate the DataTable structure of a new line. Best of luck.

I will clarify that between the two DataTable objects that the parent / child relationship. May be assimilated to the database tables in the relationship between the parent table primary key is equivalent to customs series of tables, is equivalent to the relationship between the child table as a foreign key table. DataRelation constructor is generally: DataRelation (String, DataColumn, DataColumn), string for the relation name, the first a DataColumn for the establishment of relations between the parent table column, the second DataColumn for the establishment of relations between the child table columns, the establishment of relations between the two columns DataType values must be the same.

DataView is used for sorting, filtering, searching, editing and navigation of the DataTable that can bind custom views of data. You can view the database DataView with the analogy, but somewhat different view of the database to establish the view across the table, DataView can only be established on a certain view of a DataTable. DataView generally through DataTable. DefaultView property to build, and through the adoption of RowFilter properties and the establishment of this RowStateFilter properties of a subset of the DataTable. Check and reply if you want to more information.

DataGrid through the DataSource and DataMember properties to bind the data source to display. The data source is usually DataTable, DataView, DataSet, etc. However, these data sources, when in fact bound to the DataGrid bound DataView. , If the data source is a DataTable, you actually bind this DataTable's DefaultView, if the data source is a DataSet, then you can set the DataMember property a string that specifies the table to bind to, and then DataMember the specified DataTable's DefaultView that bind to the DataGrid.