Thread: What are the HTML limitations?

What are the HTML limitations?

Hello Guys,

I am learning web designing language. Html is the basic for web designing. I am aware about the advantage of HTML. But I want also aware about the limitations of HTML. So that it will be helpful for me while developing any web page using HTML. If you knows any limitations of HTML, then please let me know that. I would greatly appreciate you any help over this issue.

Re: What are the HTML limitations?

Hi friend,

Following are some limitations of HTML:
    • It doesn't have support to all font styles.
    • It doesn't recognize tabs, margins or spaces.
    • It doesn't translate easily from other type of documents.
    • It doesn't recognize the paragraph aw well as the line breaks.

I don't think that there is any limitation of HTML. HTML allows semantic structure and format the page content, to include Resources Multimedia including Images, Entry forms, and elements such as programmable Applets. It allows to create documents interoperable with a variety of equipment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Web Accessibility. It is often used in conjunction with programming languages (JavaScript) And presentation formats (Style Sheets Cascading).

HTML is not used to describe the final report of web pages. In particular, unlike desktop publishing, HTML is not designed to specify the exact visual appearance of documents. HTML is rather designed to give meaning to different parts of the text: title, list important passage, quote etc. HTML has been developed with the intuition that machines of all kinds should be able to use the information on the web: personal computers with screen resolution and color depth variables.

As HTML does not attach to the final rendering of the document, a single HTML document can be accessed using hardware and software widely. At the hardware level, such a document may be posted on a Computer Monitor in GUI or computer terminal in text mode.It can be printed, or it can be delivered by speech. A high degree of interoperability allows lower cost of content providers as a single version of each document serves wide variety of needs. For the user of the Web, interoperability allows the existence of many competing browsers, all able to see the entire Web.

The main limitation of HTML is that, it is non extensible. Each version of HTML has attempted to reflect greater consensus among industry players so that investments made by content providers are not wasted and that their documents from becoming illegible shortly.The separation of content and form has not always been respected during the development of language, as evidenced by the example markup text style, which can indicate the particular font you want to display, size, or color.