Thread: Don't know about RDBMS

Don't know about RDBMS

Hi friend,

I am learning SQL from one months. The concept of SQL is mostly depends upon the 'RDBMS'. But I am getting troubled while understanding the 'RDBMS'. I don't any idea about the use of 'RDBMS'. I have referred many SQL book over this, but didn't get proper details. If you posses knowledge about the 'RDBMS', then please let me know that. I would greatly appreciate you any help over "RDBMS".

Re: Don't know about RDBMS

In RDBMS the data is logically organized into tables that deviate slightly from the pure mathematical notion of the object relationship. In fact the relationship is the mathematical object in the relational theory, while the table is the logical object in the world of RDBMS. In the relationship is the notion of attribute and the table, the concept of the column, both constituting the smallest unit that carries a given atom, that is to say non-decomposable. Data appear as stored in Tables and these data can be manipulated between the various tables by operations of relational algebra, as the join operation. The table itself is a relationship between the various columns that compose it.

RDBMS stands for Relational Database Management System. In which all data is accessible without ambiguity.It indicates that each value in the database must be logically accessible by entering the name of the table containing the name of the column and the main value of the primary row container. The key concept is paramount for relations. A relationship must have at least one key is to subset of one or more attributes whose values can be defined at the one and only relationship.

The 'RDBMS' is nothing but the collections of the interrelated data. This comprises the concept of primary key and foreign key. various constraints on data can be put in place to ensure data quality. For example, a domain constraint ensures that the values of a column or set of columns respecting the limits of the semantic attribute that has been modeled. A validity constraint can restrict the value of a given to various conditions, including on the values of other columns.

The RDBMS support the transaction batch insert, update and delete. This means the data can be extract from a relational database into sets consisting of data from multiple tuples and or multiple table. This rule says that the insertion, update, and delete operations should be supported for both batches of tuples from multiple tables that just for a single tuple from a single table. While implementing a database, the RDBMS provides high-level mechanisms.

The RDBMS are often left with API proprietary (i.e specific RDBMS) to communicate with them. It is the purpose of the concept of transactions, including secured by a logging mechanism for the resumption of treatment failure and its fulfillment in a state of consistency. All views can be theoretically updates will be provided by the system. This constraint arises from the modeling data and can bind a key pareant of a table with corresponding columns in the child table.