Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2010

How to install PHP 5 in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5

Hi buddies,

I find on google that saw article about how to install PHP 5 under Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 4. But I?m using Red Hat enterprise Linux 5 and I don?t want to muddle up with old version instructions. Is there a method that I can install PHP5 under RHEL 5 without using source rpm? Please advice. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-02-2010

You need to run download and install php 5 from RHN and type the following command to install php 5:
Code:
yum install php
You might also would like to install Apache and other php 5 extensions then run the following command.
Code:
# yum install httpd php-gd php-mysql
Best of luck.
Old 09-02-2010

If you have CD or DVD, then mount CD/DVD rom and use rpm command to install PHP5.The command is ;
Code:
 rpm -ivh php*
You can also Use GUI package manager to installing PHP. Type the following command to start GUI package manager:
Code:
system-config-package
Now Select PHP under Web Servers and install the same. Anyway, best of luck.
Old 09-02-2010

Re: How to install PHP 5 in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5

I can give you tips for safe installing PHP5 on on RedHat 5. Check it:
# Check your rpm -e all the PHP packages that RedHat provide.
# Download the tarball from www.php.net
# Untar it, form cd into the directory and do
./configure
make
make install
You will need the usual build chain extra Apache's dev library at the very smallest amount. You might desire to sprint. /configure --help first and see what choice is available; a number of them will require extra dev libraries, such as for MySQL support.
Old 09-02-2010

I advise getting the spec file for the Red Hat PHP rpm, and then use that to make your own RPM, in your own local repo, and use that. This way you obtain the payback of the newest PHP, configured to be as well-matched as possible with your system, and when by YUM for other things, that need PHP, they will be content with your install. Best of luck.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,