Thread: ArrayList not working

ArrayList not working

Hello,
    I am using an Array list in my code, but the ArrayList is not quit working for me.
    Code:
    ArrayList <ArrayList[]> Path = new ArrayList <ArrayList[]>();
    to create an index, I do
    Code:
    paths.add(new ArrayList[2]);
                                    paths.get(paths.size()-1)[0] = new ArrayList <Integer>();
                                    paths.get(paths.size()-1)[1] = new ArrayList <Integer>();
    What works very well. But I can not get the correct index deletion: If I have 10 index in the ArrayList path, for example, and I will keep only the last 5, I wrote:
    Code:
    for(i =0; i <5; i + +){
       for(j =0j <ways.get(i)[0].size()j + +)
                	paths.get(i).remove(j);

}
    and the AC did not work. If I write:
    Code:
    for(int g =0g <p g + +){
             paths.get(g)[0].clear();
             paths.get(g)[1].clear();
    }
    The AC works, but the top 5 indexes are always empty, but they still exist, although I wish that the last 5 indexes take up the first 5 and then pass the size to 5 index. Please help

Re: ArrayList not working

Hello,
    I am not sure that your data structure is the most appropriate solution to your problem. Could you say exactly what you want to manage it? Is it a simple list? because that what you created is a list of tables lists. I find it rather special. I think you should try this. If not there are some more solutions for this, but rather I would recommend you this one.

Hello,
    My solution will sound you little wired, but I think this makes sense in your code. Have a look at it.
    Code:
    for(i =0; i <5; i + +){
    paths.remove (i); 
    }
    Not sure though that it works very well, because I have not tested it. If you have any more problems then do post back, but before that I think you should try this.

Hello,
    I think I should try your solution. I have not tried it yet, but I am not sure that this would fit in my program. By this is of being in bidle.get (machine) [owl]. Get (foo). It sees the simplest, which is often the solution. This is a good alternative for the program code, but I think this will not have more features than if I use some other method here. Thank you.

Hello,
    Cool my attention contained a code error as to remove the first 5 elements must be.
    Code:
    for(i =0; i <5; i + +){
    paths.remove (0); 
    }
    I think this is the one you should go for. Just include this part in your code and then test your program and see if it works.

Hello,
    And misery is to remove indexes based on a test. Took the lead for 1h before compendium need to put a meter. Either you delete the index is incremented on the computer, and it turns the index counter . Is this called a Dynamic management of ArrayList? Because I do not have much idea about it. So if you give me a more detailed idea about it, it will be helpful for me.